Ozstatman

Inspired by Keiser

From April, saw this Hispano Suiza in Bowral,1934 Model Junior (HS26) with body by Chapron,  apparently the only one in Australia.

HS1.JPG

HS2.JPG

HS3.JPG

HS4.JPG

HS5.JPG

HS6.JPG

HS7.JPG

HS8.JPG

HS9.JPG

Edited by Ozstatman (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Lots of utes around the Southern Highlands, both for rural property owners and tradesmen, but "light"trucks are growing in popularity and now that Ford and Holden are no longer making cars will be much more so from here on.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:06 PM, keiser31 said:

That Hispano is a dream!

I have/had a Franklin Mint of one. I was like, I’ve never seen a car so beautiful!

VL 2, I agree the Hispano is a beautiful machine, but if that is your favorite I encourage you to look at what Duesenberg made. My personal opinion is no one has ever topped them in design and beauty.

• Like 1

Friend of mine called today and said: "Have a look in the street around the corner from my house". Did that and found his '37 Packard Super Eight Club Sedan parked there! He and his wife were returning from a "drive" to Victoria and back, about 1,000kms each way. They'd been to the Christmas Party put on by the Victorian Region of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia last weekend, and are now making their way home. The weekend prior to that they attended the Christmas Party put on by the New South Wales region of the club, a mere 150km round trip. While in October the travelled to South Australia for a Packard Rally, 1,500+kms each way plus the runs on the rally. This Packard was bought out a Museum in the US about 9 years ago and since then has made many trips to Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and many, many shorter trips. Definitely not a trailer queen, it is almost a daily driver. In fact before the owner moved north of Sydney a few years back he drove it daily from his home to his workshop where he worked on various Packards of his own and on those of others. This trip was a commute through Sydney peak hour traffic, but only a mere 10kms each way. Will be catching up with them tonight for dinner.

Big Red.JPG

Big Red2.JPG

Big Red3.JPG

Big Red4.JPG

• Like 4

Yesterday saw this in Bong Bong Street, the main street of Bowral.

Topolino1.JPG

Topolino2.JPG

Topolino3.JPG

• Like 1

On this mornings constitutional saw this "big' Healey. However I didn't have my 9 yo granddaughter along at the time, so the photos taken by iphone leave a lot to the imagination. Have a soft spot for Healeys, my brother having had a 100/6 and my sister a 100/4 back in the 60's!

Nearly Healey.JPG

Nearly Healey2.JPG

I saw someone test driving one yesterday, but was not quite fast enough to get a shot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I saw someone test driving one yesterday, but was not quite fast enough to get a shot.

Impossible!  Better get out there and find some good shots for us.  

Terry

• Like 2

Parked across the street from my house this morning, was this. Know it's well on it's way to becoming a Rod, but it is what it is.

ACTR#1.JPG

ACTR#2.JPG

ACTR#3.JPG

ACTR#4.JPG

ACTR#5.JPG

ACTR#6.JPG

ACTR#7.JPG

ACTR#8.JPG