I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Elpad, I went over the picture of the ambulance after I read your comment. It now looks to me like the body was sectioned just below the belt line to get the room needed inside. Some height has been added to the roof to make room for the the lights and siren. Possibly the wheel base was stretched a bit as well. No wood on the sides either all steel panels probably to keep the transportee and attendant inside on sharp turns while racing "Code 3" tho the hospital.      

On 1/21/2019 at 7:20 AM, RivNut said:

When I took 'Driver's Ed' the car had dual brake pedals but ol' Mr. Moeckle had a long left arm and would steer from the passengers seat.  Kind of like some of those rural mail carriers do.

That was my experience also (circa 1963).  The Driver's Ed. cars were stick shift Ford Fairlanes with dual pedals only.  I never remember seeing a true "dual control" car with two steering wheels except in cartoons.

Well to do parishioner. 

A friend of mine who owns his own shop acquired his '63 Riviera through his church.  A wealthy widow died and left her estate to the church.  The priest couldn't accept the car so my friend made a donation to the church's school and drove away in the Riviera.  At the time, the car was about 15 years old and had less than 10,000 miles on it.  It still smelled new.  It's probably been driven only a couple of thousand miles since.  The owner is really big into Packards and REO trucks.  I think he just bought the Riviera because he's a nice guy and wanted to do something equally as nice.

14 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

That is an awesome picture Al, especially in b&w. Was there any info with it? Rita wonders if the dealership may have gifted the car to the church or maybe an orphanage. 

Even in Kodachrome, most of the picture would still be in black and white.

52 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

That is an awesome picture Al, especially in b&w. Was there any info with it? Rita wonders if the dealership may have gifted the car to the church or maybe an orphanage. 

Trying to find some info on the photograph. Hey Riv, what about your right click magic? There is NUN better Buick than that one!

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

Trying to find some info on the photograph. Hey Riv, what about your right click magic? There is NUN better Buick than that one!

Nothing about it when I asked Google to look for the original image.   The nothing said about the picture other than "Buick Super."

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Nothing about it when I asked Google to look for the original image.   The nothing said about the picture other than "Buick Super."

The photo came from Flickr but no history attached

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96271493@N00/8484210454?ytcheck=1&new_session=1