Reporting another scam attempt

Guest whizzstank

He hit me also, telling me he had parts for my 1948 Pontiac- same name and email address, same fund request, same excuse about his internet connection. I reported him also.

Guest bigdaddy01

They did the same to me, saying they had my carburetor in excellent condition but couldn't send pictures. Figured something wasn't right.

Ahhhhhh

same guy tried to entice me for some dodge parts I am seeking. Issac found my ad here.

Also on the Hamb site another name was david shelly, he copied a pic from here

and contacted me via hamb

BEWARE NOTICE TO ALL These scammers are everywhere

If a potential seller doesn't offer, with no reserves of any kind, his name, ph number, pictures, mailing address, and anything else you'd think to do, well logic rules, no? You can tell, or should be able to, who's real and who isn't. I tell all and almost insist on a personal call so that some form of "meeting" is done before doing business. Seems fair to me, but then again I got nuttin to hide...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest allardman

he tried to scam me a few days ago on a caddy intake I was looking for. same deal with his paypal being down...I told him I would fly over a pay cash and pick it up myself...said he was going to call the police so that they would be there waiting for me..I said, fine, I don't have an issue with police being present while I pay cash for a part you offered for sale...he went away!!!

• 5 months later...
Guest captaincon

Me to just had a email from David Shelly asking if I am still looking for a Edsel fender. Surprise surprise no pictures yet. His user id is dd.sh11

Be very careful even when they do send you photos, they borrow them off other sites such as Ebay. It happened to me the price was right not overly cheap but thought the photos looked just like the ones on Ebay I was looking at earlier and they were, two different sellers, different locations, same exact part. The scammers are getting smart.

Be very careful even when they do send you photos, they borrow them off other sites such as Ebay. It happened to me the price was right not overly cheap but thought the photos looked just like the ones on Ebay I was looking at earlier and they were, two different sellers, different locations, same exact part. The scammers are getting smart.

That the important thing, to be aware that the photos sent could be some that were stolen from a legit seller. As I have read elsewhere, try to have the seller include a current newspaper in the same shot.

And THAT is why I always ask the "seller" for a certain view of the item in question. If they cannot provide that, they are scammers.