Architecture and Signage: Historic Buick Dealerships

Centurion

Well, I don't want to get too awful far out on that limb - however, that nice new D-45 sure looks a lot like a 1916 model.  My 1916 is a real early production car and it has flat fenders.  The car in the photo has crowned fenders meaning it was produced somewhere later in the model year.  The car in the photo IS a 1916 model because of one outstanding feature.  The windshield.  The windshield posts on a 1916 Buick were absolutely straight up and down.  Only for that one year.  Models before and after 1916 were canted slightly rearward.  Look at the car in the photo and focus on the posts.  That is a 1916 model Buick.  Now you know how to pick out a 1916 in a photo.  Also, there is only that one Buick in the photo.  Not real sure what the other cars are.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

seibert+signs+left.png

Would anyone know if this picture of Seibert Buick, Inc. is in fact located in Seibert, CO?  My paternal grandparents owned a farm in Seibert, CO from the late 1920's 'til the mid-1930's.  My dad graduated high school in 1935 from there and went into the Navy in 1936...farm got sold and grandparents retired to Colorado Springs, CO.

• Like 2