1930 Ford Chick-Fil-A truet Cathy’s model A, not mine.

I've had a few cars from the Truet Cathy collection come to my shop. Not to speak ill of the dead, but without exception, they were all crap. Badly restored, totally neglected, incorrect colors and finishes. Just think of a guy spending millions on the worst possible cars (I suspect he was a bargain hunter first and foremost) and that's his collection.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I've had a few cars from the Truet Cathy collection come to my shop. Not to speak ill of the dead, but without exception, they were all crap. Badly restored, totally neglected, incorrect colors and finishes. Just think of a guy spending millions on the worst possible cars (I suspect he was a bargain hunter first and foremost) and that's his collection.

Funny that it's such a small world. My dad and Truett (two "t"s) were good friends and went to many auctions together back in the day. Truett actually bought quite a few cars from my dad's collection. I wouldn't go as far to say that he was a "bargain hunter", but he did buy with the "because I like it" mentality. My dad questioned many of his purchases but it didn't stop Truett if he liked and wanted the auto. 

Dad at 95, still loves to tell stories about he and Truett at auctions. He said at one, a big purple Monster Truck came on the block and Truett starting bidding on it. Dad asked him why he was bidding on that? Truett; "because I don't have one and I like purple!" I could carry on about many stories about my dad's and Truett's times together, but I won't. 

And rest assured, Truett's collection was not all "bargain hunter." I can personally attest to that.   

Edited by TEG (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

I will too. Two reasons: 1) it's horribly ugly and 2) the Cathy family's repressive and dogmatic fundamentalist beliefs. 

Pass on a car because the previous owner was of Christian faith?  You never even knew the man. What a load of of BS.....🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No knock on this thing because of any previous ownership (I love chick filet!), but to me its just a bad representation of whatever its supposed to be, plus it looks like a fibreglass fender on the dr. side that is broken off, who knows what other kind of parts this thing is cobled together with?

• Like 3