1928 Durant coop, not mine.

The sedan behind the coupe is a 1930 Durant 6-14.  There was also a Durant 6-17 on this platform that had a larger engine and more standard features.  The narrow dart-like hood vents in the descending pattern were similar to the 1930 Chrysler Series 70 and 77 with pennon hood vents. 

'28 Durant a-crop.jpg

'28 Durant b.jpg

'28 Durant c-crop.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The sedan behind the coupe is a 1930 Durant 6-14.  There was also a Durant 6-17 on this platform that had a larger engine and more standard features.  The narrow dart-like hood vents in the descending pattern were similar to the 1930 Chrysler Series 70 and 77 with pennon hood vents. 

'28 Durant a-crop.jpg

'28 Durant b.jpg

'28 Durant c-crop.jpg

"Pennon"... my new word for today! Originally a long triangular or forked streamer on a lace says google. Thanks Steve! 

That's the upside to ignorance...so many opportunities to learn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

"Pennon"... my new word for today! Originally a long triangular or forked streamer on a lace says google. Thanks Steve! 

That's the upside to ignorance...so many opportunities to learn. 

Leif:

"Pennon": Use it three times in a sentence and its yours!  At least that was the advice given to adding words to your vocabulary.  Pennant seems to be used interchangeably but a pennon as used by the car companies was spear point leading and a pennant has the broad end attached to a staff.

Staff

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 7:41 AM, 58L-Y8 said:

'28 Durant a-crop.jpg

'28 Durant b.jpg

'28 Durant c-crop.jpg

I have badges for a Durant for sale. Anyone interested?