Greenfield village old car festival

ramair

It was a great weekend.  There were over 700 vehicles registered for the event 1932 and older. 

If you have never been to the Old Car Festival you need to understand that it is not just a car show. 

It is an experience/event.  It is the only time that owners of private vehicles are allowed to drive their cars in the village.

Five of us put on a two day HCCA tour the Thursday and Friday before the weekend called the Lansing-Dearborn reliability tour for 1915 and older cars only. This year we had about 50 cars and 140 participants including eight Stanley Steamers.  A great time was had by all.

• Like 8

I'm sure glad to see that the really old cars till have a place to go and have fun with other really old cars.   Many local shows have everything from a Model A Ford to a new 700 HP factory hot rod.  It's just not the same.   Makes me want another car that's over 90 years old while wishing I see being over 90 myself. 

My mother made it, but my father didn't.   I still regret selling my 1915 Model T

and trading my 1915 Grant, (which were both built a year after my father's birth.)

Thanks to all who took the time to take the pictures and share them

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Re-position text (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Surely someone took pictures of the early race cars in attendance. There were supposed to be several Buicks. Regarding the picture of the National, surely the race car chassis' were cut down. That thing looks too long to build a race car on that chassis. I noticed the number 1 Locomobile, recently restored by the Dragons, looks longer than old sixteen. Optical illusion?

21 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

It was a great weekend.  There were over 700 vehicles registered for the event 1932 and older. 

If you have never been to the Old Car Festival you need to understand that it is not just a car show. 

It is an experience/event.  It is the only time that owners of private vehicles are allowed to drive their cars in the village.

Five of us put on a two day HCCA tour the Thursday and Friday before the weekend called the Lansing-Dearborn reliability tour for 1915 and older cars only. This year we had about 50 cars and 140 participants including eight Stanley Steamers.  A great time was had by all.

Sorry we didn’t cross paths with you Larry. We had hoped to show you our 1908 Buick Model F

Erica

Thanks for sharing all the photos. I've been in the past. Maybe I'll be back with the Chartreuse Lady again next year. I agree with Larry that it is an experience, and one of the best car gatherings I have ever been to. A must on the Bucket list of any antique car guy. Dandy Dave! 

• Like 4

On 9/11/2024 at 3:33 PM, Jim Skelly said:

This Mason was made in Iowa but there was no placard displayed.  According to Wikipedia, the car was made between 1906 and 1914.  The brass badge above the radiator indicates:

Mason

The Hill Climber

DSCN4238.JPG

DSCN4239.JPG

DSCN4240.JPG

DSCN4242.JPG

DSCN4243.JPG

Two brothers were involved with the Mason engineering and manufacturing who would go onto greater renown in automotive history: Fred and August Duesenberg.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 8:01 PM, Larry Schramm said:

I remember in the 70's and 80's the Model A & T Clubs had meets there and drove in the Village.   In 1993,

The Great American Race went there for lunch in the Museum and we drove are cars right in front of the

Henry Ford Museum.   While we were eating, the ESPN crew installed a big camera in the back seat of our

1935 Chrysler Airflow.   That afternoon's film footage became the comic relief for the  ESPN TV special for

the 1993 Race.   We brought about 120 antique cars right into the village.

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Re-position text (see edit history)