Pebble Beach 2024 thread ……

7 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Been trying to stay off the forums but this thread is great thanks to those who have posted the pictures.  The Elegance at Hershey chose an unrestored 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Spider by Touring in 2013!  It did make the news but the car was immaculately preserved and a stunning design. It got a lot of attention.  However, the Elegance chose BOS but a simple tally of the judges vote.  Each judge had a vote and it was added us and "viola"!  

38 alpha.jpg

Probably one of the 5 most valuable cars in the world.   Different league than the Bugatti.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, philip roitman said:

The owner of the Bugatti BoS at Pebble also won BoS at the 2023 Audrain Concours with a Delage D8-120 DeVillars Roadster. Beautiful fully restored car. The big story was he drove it 300 miles to the show. The owner was a very nice guy and a very animated winner also.  The Delage is front and center in the photo, with my Preservation mostly all original SCO Yellow 1973 Buick Gran Sport right behind it that won the Peoples Choice Award. 😎

image.jpeg.a096caa66545be7496d1bb4946f80f8d.jpeg 3664F0DF-F97E-4B6A-9082-160DD105EDBF_1_201_a.jpeg.487967913ec07fd8adf6d2afedb0a175.jpeg

The Delage won Pebble BOS when Sam Mann owned it in 1996.  I would love to see it restored to its original configuration.

• Like 3

West:

Thanks for sharing your fine photographic perspective, I enjoyed them greatly.   Your inclusion of the rear three-quarters views mirrors my standard practice when recording cars of interest.  Many of your choice subjects would be mine as well.  At a show such as Pebble Beach with such a varied and rich selection, it's difficult not to become jaded even as the next spectacular car comes into view.   It's that delight fatigue.

Steve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

West:

Thanks for sharing your fine photographic perspective, I enjoyed them greatly.   Your inclusion of the rear three-quarters views mirrors my standard practice when recording cars of interest.  Many of your choice subjects would be mine as well.  At a show such as Pebble Beach with such a varied and rich selection, it's difficult not to become jaded even as the next spectacular car comes into view.   It's that delight fatigue.

Steve 

I especially like the rear 3/4 shots because (especially for prewar cars) it's the unique part of the car. If you take a shot of the front 3/4 of a prewar car, 95 percent of the time, all you're showing is the "common" part of the car. It's the back part of the car (the cabin) that is unique. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With so many fantastic cars in the PB Concours, I'm guessing 15-20 entrants (perhaps more) felt they deserved serious consideration for BOS. Not sure how I could ever decide once all the numbers were crunched. The Bugatti is my favorite of all the cars shown, largely due to its rarity, the classic Bugatti "skin and bones" engineering approach, their outstanding racing history, and its relative originality. The MB SSK would be second due to their status as an early super roadster, but it is obviously fully restored likely at a cost of $millions. We should all be so fortunate to own any of the cars and be able to drive them regularly.   

West/All, thank you for the great pictures!  So many beautiful cars, but I have always thought the Miura to be one of those designs that, like the Jaguar E-Type, is beautiful in its simplicity.  I had to pause when this picture came up...

IMG_4975.JPG.14c86cd6cdc2b57490fcf9705fd

As close as I'll ever come to owning one of those:

image.jpeg.9c4d3870ee3117c0f9975af8482797ee.jpeg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, EmTee said:

West/All, thank you for the great pictures!  So many beautiful cars, but I have always thought the Miura to be one of those designs that, like the Jaguar E-Type, is beautiful in its simplicity.  I had to pause when this picture came up...

IMG_4975.JPG.14c86cd6cdc2b57490fcf9705fd

As close as I'll ever come to owning one of those:

image.jpeg.9c4d3870ee3117c0f9975af8482797ee.jpeg

My favorite car when I was a kid.  I think they ruined it with the SV but those bring the most money so what do I know?   I would have bought one decades ago when there were "cheap" but my dad convinced me Packards were a better investment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

The back 3/4 view is a good angle for the car. From the front, it reminds me too much of Tammy Fay Bakker. 

IMG_4975.JPG

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 9.45.57 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 9.46.41 AM.png

• Haha 11

Neat to see these great photos by everyone . The post war boy racer low to the turf cars are neat but it makes my neck and back ache just to see them and try to imagine getting down into one and then back out again. I am not ancient ( totally - yet !!😵‍💫 ) but to me the most comfortable cars are 1) with running boards that you have to climb up into 2) were built at least prior to 1953 where you could open a door and slide into a seat with ease.   Understand when I was getting into cars in the early 1960s my friends were riding around in mid 1950s Chevys as everyday cars as they were then only about 7 to 10 years old.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:47 AM, West Peterson said:

The back 3/4 view is a good angle for the car. From the front, it reminds me too much of Tammy Fay Bakker. 

IMG_4975.JPG

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 9.45.57 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 9.46.41 AM.png

After several drinks way too much at around somewhere around 2AM both would look much better

• Haha 3