Sonny Sain

The world is a much darker place today as we lost long time national awards judge, Sonny Sain.  Those that knew him can attest that he was a gentleman, old soul, loyal to AACA, had a great smile and was a true car guy.  You always knew Sonny was "in the house" not because he was boisterous, he was not!  However, his ever present baseball cap turned a bit sideways was a trademark.  I could go on and on about Sonny as he was one of my favorites.  Every time I saw him I got a great smile and warm handshake.  

Norma, his wife had already passed and Sonny donated his 453 mile Commuta-Car to us a couple years ago in her honor.  She was special as well. They are already missed by a legion of friends and fans.

John, his son will be sending me the arrangements and I will post later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we first joined the Hornets Nest Region, my wife and I took Sonny's apprentice class three times. Why? Because he taught you something new every time.  Monthly HNR meetings will not be the same for me anymore, because I won't be able to walk by his table to chat.

On 8/10/2024 at 10:28 AM, Rick Lay said:

You never know when it is going to be the last time you see a friend.

Tell your friends how much you appreciate them NOW . Don't wait. Live life while you can and appreciate/everything  all that you can, never take anything or anyone for granted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gonna miss him a lot.  One of the kindest guys I've ever known.

Terry

Years ago, I was working the membership tent in the Hershey field when this little old fellow came up to me to renew his membership. I gave him the application sheet to fill out. He handed his old card back to me asking if I could help him. 

I looked at the card then looked up at him, seeing this big wide smile. We busted out laughing. Of course, Sonny was a life member. No renewal needed! I'll never forget that day!

Wayne

• Haha 3

Sonny and Norma were wonderful folks, a pleasure to be around - always thoughtful and decent. 

Emblematic of where AACA came from - generous and not self-indulgent.

Folks coming up in the hobby could take a lesson from these two folks.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)