1933 Willys 77 coupe, not mine.

$78K seems very unlikely on face book. They need to send it to AZ next February.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Just about impossible to find one of these in this condition.

Just about impossible to find that much money in my “old car money” account. Zeke

• Haha 3

Dang that thing is cool ! 

I don’t even remember seeing one that wasn’t turned into a race car. It would be fun to clean it up and make it a solid driver.

Thanks for posting 

John

• Like 2

Some year, make and model cars are almost all modified. Very difficult to find 40-41 and 33 Willys in original form. And they can bring top dollar when restored to a high level. This 33 would be a great car to start with, but also a shame to take away the survivor aspect it has.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

It has pretty unique wheels. Very different from other makes of the time.

Tall, narrow, diving hood-line, look-up-in-the-sky headlights, starfish wheels, the 1933-'36 Willys 77 was one of Amos Northup's more unique designs, but those did bridge Willys-Overland over a rough period to survive.   The late lamented Special Interest Autos magazine coined those descriptive terms, love the "look-up-in-the-sky headlights, starfish wheels": prefect!

• Like 3

Very cool to look at but I have a feeling its good for 40 mph downhill with a tailwind.   Which is why a period gas car with history was what I was after.   The one I was looking at did have that.

DSCF7993.JPG

• Like 3

That is a lot of money per pound! A lot more than the steak I barbecued for dinner a couple nights ago.

I love those depression era Willys cars. As others have said, just don't see them very often at all.

12 hours ago, alsancle said:

Very cool to look at but I have a feeling its good for 40 mph downhill with a tailwind.   Which is why a period gas car with history was what I was after.   The one I was looking at did have that.

DSCF7993.JPG

Your lucky day!   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/781801760808527/?ref=search

BD539EB7-28D2-4E8C-ACC5-9BB7017C78F1.png

D894D528-593A-453D-B071-1507C8BA6BFB.png

No surprise the Willys became the prize for the drag/gasser/rod crowd: the smallest, lightest, 'coolest' '30's-'40's cars largely ignored by the restoration/preservation community which made them dirt cheap for years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

No surprise the Willys became the prize for the drag/gasser/rod crowd: the smallest, lightest, 'coolest' '30's-'40's cars largely ignored by the restoration/preservation community which made them dirt cheap for years. 

Steve,  I've been paying attention to the coupes for the last 25 years.  They were never cheap.   I

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Steve,  I've been paying attention to the coupes for the last 25 years.  They were never cheap.   I

A.J.:

I'm think of a time far, far longer ago, in the 1950's-early 1960's when the coupes were still found in junkyards.  When those places still held 1930's-1940's cars, junkyard operator considered the whole inventory regardless of what it was as only having scrap value.   I got into some of those with my father searching for parts, remember at least a couple of those Willys coupes mixed in with all the other cars.  Word hadn't reached those junkyard owners there was any demand for those coupes yet.  It was an era when restorers/collectors would walk by Full-Classic sedans as not worth the time other than as parts cars.  Ford Model Ts and As were in demand, a Willys was a non-entity. 

Steve

• Like 2