1936 Chevrolet Coupe Pickup - $25,000

I wish it were a more subdued color, but it's pretty neat anyway! (also needs more pictures!) 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/issaquah-1936-chevrolet-coupe-pickup/7765017698.html

1936 Chevrolet Coupe Pickup
A rare car, only 3100 produced. Restored to original condition. Rebuilt and balanced engine.

email:  c51466b85e123b69906b7f4cd28ac6b3@sale.craigslist.org

1936 Chevrolet Coupe Pickup 100s0s_1EC1iSTOapT_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00e0e_cXH7qPbQt0d_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00B0B_ev0WdGQEXmn_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

Nice example of a rare item.  The red is “eye catching”.  You can argue if that’s good or bad.  Personally a dark blue would be my choice of color.

• Like 4

I can't see what the advantage of buying a coupe-pickup was when, for the same or less money you could have a real pickup with a bigger load capacity. Some people say the coupe-pickup had a back seat which improved passenger capacity, but I can find no documentation to support that. Maybe an owner can verify. From the appearance of the subject car and the one in the factory brochure, it looks like there's very little, if any, space in the cabin for back seat passengers, even a child. especially as the bed was a full five feet long and extended into the body.

Today, it's an unusual body style but not particularly attractive, IMO.

4958706641_aa3389b4e5_b.jpg?ssl=1

Brochure 2

More info:

https://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/throwback-thursday-chevrolets-standard-coupe-carpickup-truck/

1 hour ago, DFeeney said:

MoPar's  also offered the add on trunk bed kit for there Coupes around this time. 

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

Studebaker had a version too.

47 minutes ago, Jim Skelly said:

and Hudson 

All a compromise, and all rather unattractive.

9 hours ago, JFranklin said:

Early ElCamino.

That really is the best comparison. Regular pickups had cheaper interiors with uncomfortable seats. Even the El Camino was more a car than a pickup. They couldn't handle as much weight or bulk as a regular pickup of their time. After my grandfather retired in 1964, he sold the old GMC half ton and bought a new El Camino. It was great for the lighter work he did in retirement.

I would love to have one, by any of the makers.