Pickers got nothing on me. Gas pumps anyone? Dragline Bucket also.

Posted (edited)

Wonder how many yards of gravel this Dragline bucket scooped up for the local roads we drive on every day? Could not help myself. Had to have it. The price was really right. 😁

IMG_6742.JPG

IMG_6743.JPG

IMG_6741.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, TAKerry said:

Good finds. How much does that drag bucket weigh?

Not sure. The backhoe picked it up with no problem. I would guess 1,000 to 1,500 LBS. at least. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Gilbarco gas pump. Concrete still attached. Got to get that heavy hunk off of there

That is a theft deterrent device!  In todays parlance you might even say that it's part of the patina of the pump.   

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, James Matthews said:

Dandy Dave, thank you for posting and sharing your new finds! I have never seen a clock face gas pump before. I like it. You always post some neat finds!

I have not seen one in the wild in a very long time. I use to see some when I was younger and always told a friend that collected  them where they were and he would buy them and restore them. I see restored ones for big $$$. 🤪 🙃 Looking a little deeper around the internet I see one Tokheim 850 brought $11,000 and another at Barret Jackson bring $24,000. Wonder how drunk the bidders were that day? 😜

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2