1929 Chevrolet Value

Hello Gents!

I’m trying to understand its value. We are looking to sell it. It was purchased four years ago for around 4k I believe. It has sat in the shed for those four years. Last known time it was running and street legal is in the mid 70’s.

Any information is appreciated!

The pictures below show a little more information on the automobile.

thanks so much 

20230701_153620.jpg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

29 Chevy.jpeg

Edited by Rogermotorhead
Updated info (see edit history)

First, thanks for all of the pictures. So many people post 'what is my car worth' with very little info. As to the value, I do not think it has appreciated any in the time you have had it!

• Like 1

Looks just like one I could have bought a couple of years ago for $3000

I passed.

Terry

I think you have paid top dollar for it and looking at the photos it is worth considerably less in its current state. Cleaned up and running will boost things a bit but there will remain A LOT to do requiring time and more money by the bucketload.

Steve

• Like 1

I agree with the above. Doubt you are going to get what you have in it. If you can get it running that would help Just not much demand for these and less than $10K would get you a decent running one. Hope you can sell it without much loss. Put it out there with $4K and see what happens. You can always go down.

Regrettably, if a competent new owner with some average mechanical and restoration skills were to buy this for $1, by the time it was just a decent running "survivor" (no new paint or chrome), he/she would be at a break even if they decided to then sell it. In survivor/running condition it might sell for circa $3500-$5000, and it needs a lot of work, time, material and patience to get there. I purchased this 1931 in 2008 for $4500 Canadian(about $3500USD) and spent over $10,000($7500USD) getting it paint ready and licensed(total $14500 or $12,000USD) before selling it for $10,000 ($7500), a loss of about $4500USD, and not counting any of the perhaps 2000 hours I spent on it. That is unfortunately the nature of the hobby nowadays. New owner was a painter/car guy, who painted it himself and had someone else upholster it. 

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

1931 Chevrolet Deluxe Coach.jpg

5 hours ago, TAKerry said:

First, thanks for all of the pictures. So many people post 'what is my car worth' with very little info. As to the value, I do not think it has appreciated any in the time you have had it!

I was going to say the same thing.  

As for valuing the car,  I do not believe you will get the 4k back.  Project cars are very hard to sell these days.

I was shocked that this Chevy only brought 9K all in at the Mark Smith Auction.  It has been customized in period and was a coupe in fairly good shape.   That tells you everything you need to know about the early Chevy market.

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1926-chevrolet-series-v-superior-coupe/

image.png.bb3153c7215ad89ebb735b4ecfa96d1d.png

• Like 2