For Sale: 1977 AMC Matador "Barcelona II" Coupe, 52K miles - $11,000 - Hope, KS - Not Mine

For Sale: 1977 AMC Matador "Barcelona II" Coupe, 52K miles - $11,000 - Hope, KS

1977 amc matador for sale by owner - Hope, KS - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1977 AMC Matador "Barcelona II" Coupe. Clean title. Right about 52,000 original miles. Just had the speedo professionally refurbished since it was starting to rattle. 360 AMC V8 engine. Carb recently rebuilt, new fuel pump, filter. Tires are almost new, probably about 1,000 miles on them. Replaced leaking fuel filler neck. The interior on this car is phenomenal. The paint is really pretty good too although the hood and trunk lid are showing wear. Check the photos. Roof is perfect, vinyl top is great. Almost everything about this car is original. It came from the Rambler Ranch in Colorado. I've driven it 3 hours down the interstate and back and it performed flawlessly. It doesn't like the cold, but that is to be expected. Cruise control works. Only thing I can think of that has an issue is the A/C needs charged. It heats but doesn't get very cold.
Copy and paste in your email: badeea2e5b5c3b019b6a22444d46976b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1977 AMC Matador "Barcelona II" Coupe.

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS a.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS b.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS c.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS d.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS e.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS f.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS g.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS h.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS i.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS j.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS k.jpg

'77 AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe KS l.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting car.  I've always liked, sort of, the

style of these coupes--not enough to own one,

but enough to take notice of them.

The Barcelona editions are especially desirable.

Some AMC fan will probably appreciate this find,

and thanks, Steve, for posting it.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I looked at the photos several times, trying my hardest to find something that would make me ever want to own that car. AMC is a special brand, for special people. Very few I ever liked, other than the AMX.

• Like 1

Seems like an honest representation of a very seldom seen car.

I hope an AMC fan gets it and gives it the love it deserves. 

• Like 3

The Matador coupe came out when modern streamlined design was sputtering to an end, and the three box (literally) Mercedes look was the trend. Add the opera window/ vinyl top faux luxury throwback nonsense. I'm sure AMC marketing pleaded for those opera windows and the tinsel. They are completely out of place and absolutely ruin the Matador coupe. Compare this to a '74 "X" coupe. It's almost analogous to the '53 vs '55 Studebaker Starliner. Clean, then over chromed.

• Like 1

Some cars remind us of people we knew in our younger years who drove the same make and model.  I still associate an AMC Matador coupe with Musetta, a nice older widow lady who lived in our town.  She had driven Ambassadors beforehand supplied by her long-time paramour Charlie who was an AMC dealer.   After the Ambassador model was gone, a Matador coupe was her next car.  For those who like to name their collector cars, I would suggest 'Musetta' for this AMC Matador Barcelona II Coupe...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 5:06 PM, Sal Hepatica said:

Add the opera window/ vinyl top faux luxury throwback nonsense. I'm sure AMC marketing pleaded for those opera windows and the tinsel. They are completely out of place and absolutely ruin the Matador coupe. 

I agree with that!  The over-padded vinyl top with the peek-a-boo opera windows turned a nice design into a pimp's ride.   

In their unadulterated form from 1974, they looked great for a '70's car with the exception of the overweight bumpers.  Surprisingly, AMC never offered more creature-comfort options for it, including power windows, as they were popular on lesser cars including the Monte Carlo, as an example.  

Craig