Boca At Nova Concours - 24 Feb

8 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Thanks for posting George, looks like a nice show. You car looks beautiful as always. I like the fire ex. holders!

Lots of VERY nice cars and heavy competition.  I didn't even place.  All motorcycles wound up 'display only.'  They said they couldn't find a judge for them.  

Yes, I like the fire ext wheel chock combo.  I may build one. for the Jag.

Edited by George Cole (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Just now, TAKerry said:

Your bike looks fantastic in motion! Glad to see you riding it.

Show rules.  All vehicles required to enter show field under their own power, otherwise would not be admitted.  However i saw several being pushed in.  

Also a rule that any vehicle without a fire extinguisher would not be judged.  Looked like over half didn't have them, but were judged anyways...including major award winners.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George Cole said:

Show rules.  All vehicles required to enter show field under their own power, otherwise would not be admitted.  However i saw several being pushed in.  

Also a rule that any vehicle without a fire extinguisher would not be judged.  Looked like over half didn't have them, but were judged anyways...including major award winners.  

I guess I wouldn't have been able to bring my Graham!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Lots of nice cars.   I need to give a seminar to the owners of the American Classics on proper tire choices.

Green J-Model with black walls.  Red over maroon J-model sporting wide-whites.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, George Cole said:

Rain forecast for Amelia next weekend.  :(  My Jag' will be on the field Sunday...cannon-fodder for the big boys. :) 

Hopefully they are wrong.  I'm come say hi.   1/2 the guys I know went to Miami and 1/2 stayed.  Will be interesting.  You should have fun either way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RansomEli said:

Thanks for sharing pictures. The blue AMX is the best I've seen, especially the interior. Most of the AMX interiors I've seen have been very blah. This one is really nice.

It won First in Class.

12 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

A lot of really fine automobiles there!

Did I see two 1930ish Marmons?

Yes.  I was surprised as well.  I tried to photograph the windshield placards for all the brass and full classics, as well as a few others which caught my eye.  Unfortunately, the placard for the convertible sedan was on the driver's seat with the windows rolled up.  I could not see who the owner was.  Here they are again.

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

I don't dare dream of Dusenbergs in my personal garage, but I do make wishes on Marmons that I might someday be able to reach one. So as long as I'm wishing, please let me be able to afford that Marmon Sixteen coupe and not just a brown and orange 7P sedan.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grimy said:

Full chrome on the Marmons' wheels seems to be the opposite of the chaste, less-is-more philosophy of the overall design.  Chrome spokes, yes.

I like them with the full wheel discs.

22f992c5df1a0eb11aa9c02ca91fa59f.jpg

• Like 2

I would be interested to know who built the body on the huge International woody - was it Cantrell of Huntington, NY? I have sales flyers issued by Cantrell in that era in my file on that company and I know they were building bodies for truck/commercial chassis for Dodge and International. I knew some of the Cantrell family and also was in contact with a fellow who worked for them 45-50 years ago. Most interesting conversation as always with people who were "actually there" and hands on.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Walt G said:

I would be interested to know who built the body on the huge International woody - was it Cantrell of Huntington, NY? I have sales flyers issued by Cantrell in that era in my file on that company and I know they were building bodies for truck/commercial chassis for Dodge and International. I knew some of the Cantrell family and also was in contact with a fellow who worked for them 45-50 years ago. Most interesting conversation as always with people who were "actually there" and hands on.

Hey Walt.  I was curious about the body as well.  It was obviously 'new.'  They had a book detailing the restoration, starting with a very ratty-looking cab and chassis which they appeared to be dragging out of a field.  No body as all.  From their pictures, it appeared the body was a reconstruction.