Boca At Nova Concours - 24 Feb

George,

The reason I guess Cantrell or at least Cantrell inspired is as I said I have illustrated flyers showing the commercial chassis of Dodge and International ( per war they used Dodge passenger cars starting in the early 1920s mostly but their history is in stories that have been published and in a small book on station wagons published here on long island 50 years ago. The reason I say Cantrell is the horizontal  trim on the doors and possibly the tail gate. With no vertical trim to accent that. That was Cantrell's favorite way to do things.

Wood station wagons by assorted manufacturers is another story that needs to be penned with some details of construction , how it was done, etc. Yet another discussion ........... to answer questions like : who supplied the hardware, the wood, the varnish, seats, - did they use patterns to get a number of bodies to all look alike on a "run" production wise ? ( answer is YES they did, I have seen the Cantrell patterns used , they were made out of thin plywood or masonite and marked as to what chassis they would accommodate).

Walt

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

I believe that is the only V16 with wheel disks. At least it’s the only one I have seen.

The late Bill Snyder's gray 5P sedan has them as well. I really like this car a lot and it's local to me, so I see it often. 

33-Marmon-Sixteen-DV-11-GG_01.jpg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Walt G said:

George,

The reason I guess Cantrell or at least Cantrell inspired is as I said I have illustrated flyers showing the commercial chassis of Dodge and International ( per war they used Dodge passenger cars starting in the early 1920s mostly but their history is in stories that have been published and in a small book on station wagons published here on long island 50 years ago. The reason I say Cantrell is the horizontal  trim on the doors and possibly the tail gate. With no vertical trim to accent that. That was Cantrell's favorite way to do things.

Wood station wagons by assorted manufacturers is another story that needs to be penned with some details of construction , how it was done, etc. Yet another discussion ........... to answer questions like : who supplied the hardware, the wood, the varnish, seats, - did they use patterns to get a number of bodies to all look alike on a "run" production wise ? ( answer is YES they did, I have seen the Cantrell patterns used , they were made out of thin plywood or masonite and marked as to what chassis they would accommodate).

Walt

Walt,

An article online says it was Mid-State Body company, Waterloo, NY- contracted to build three of those for the Army corps of Engineers. 

• Thanks 1