For Sale: 1970 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Sport Roof Hardtop - Project - $5,900 - Littleton, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1970 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Sport Roof Hardtop - Project - $5,900 - Littleton, CO

1970 Ford for sale by owner - Littleton, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1970 Ford Galaxie 500 2 door sport roof. Nice Original condition. 351, auto, runs and drives but will be needing transmission work. Clean car. $5900.
Copy and paste in your email: bc24d03562d734558c8ebb8886d240d4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1970 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Sport Roof Hardtop - Project.

'70 Galaxie 500 CO a.jpg

'70 Galaxie 500 CO b.jpg

'70 Galaxie 500 CO c.jpg

'70 Galaxie 500 CO d.jpg

'70 Galaxie 500 CO e.jpg

• Like 5

It maybe a great reliable car; but it doesn't exude fun to drive or any sort of fashion statement! It's just boring!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, deac said:

It maybe a great reliable car; but it doesn't exude fun to drive or any sort of fashion statement! It's just boring!

If it were mine, I'd probably swap-in an LTD grille, fender extensions and bumper to get the hidden headlights.

image.png.d197ac62d8436cae179830a74bd496b9.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EmTee said:

If it were mine, I'd probably swap-in an LTD grille, fender extensions and bumper to get the hidden headlights

You mean the front clip…….?

Then remember that you have to change the headlight switch. 😉

(vacuum operated)

Easier to just find a 1970 XL. Same body, hidden lights.
For 1970 buckets and floor shift were optional on the XL.  

• Like 1

My first car was a 1969 Galaxie 500 Sportsroof. It had a better color combination, maroon with a black interior. Thank goodness it had air conditioning (those seats got really hot in the summer). It had a 351 Windsor which gave it plenty of power. The only negatives were the rim blow horn (which had a tendency to blow an at inappropriate times) and the rear windows would go off their tracks if rolled completely down. The 1970 version didn’t look as good from the front as mine, IMHO. It was a good car for a college student with plenty of trunk space.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, deac said:

I agree completely. Plain Jane Vanilla. Pukey color too. 

I'd say the opposite about the hidden headlights. That Galaxie grille might not be anything special, but in my opinion it's a massive improvement over the LTD hidden headlight One.

I have a Marauder with that flying buttress roof. A Monterey nose without the hidden headlights would also be a massive improvement over the hidden headlight Marquis nose it was built with. As far as I know, Mercury didn't build any of these short wheelbase coupes with exposed headlights like Ford did. Not my car(s) but the bottom one is pretty close.

15797fabb2749c668b2457a8fd0c554a.jpg

1970-mercury-marauder-x-100-coupe-2-door

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)