1980 Ford Pinto Squire wagon, 4 speed - $8,000 (S.E PORTLAND OR)

🤩😍🥰😁 ¡Lo me gusta! Yeah, I kinda like Pintos. Toady little cars but I like them.

Oddly, someone was advertising in the local shopper paper wanting a Pinto wagon just last week. DK if the individual wants to transport one across the country though.

My oldest brother had a wagon just like this when he was in the Army. His was a v6 and it never did run right. Had it in the shop more than on the road. Total pos. My b.i.l. and sister both had 4 cyl. hatchbacks. They were pretty good cars. First car I ever drove, took it to my drivers ed classes at Montgomery Ward.

• Like 2

The 4 cylinder "pinto" engine was an excellent motor with a really strong bottom end. It stayed in production for decades worldwide. 

Pintos were very reliable cars for their price class. They just had that one little fault.....

• Like 1

You don’t see many of these anymore. I remember them being everywhere back in the day. And let’s not forget the “upscale” Mercury Bobcat! 

This one looks to be in great shape. The seat material brings back memories. 

I owned Ford’s other small car of that era - a Fiesta. That was a great little car.

• Like 1

There was a 'very attractive older lady' (Ha, looking back she was probably 30!) down the road that had a new Bobcat. It was black with gold striping and trim. We all would stop what we were doing when we saw that car approaching. I cannot see or hear about one now without thinking about her, LOL. Maybe thats why I bought a black n gold Trans Am🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After my mom died, I was given her Bobcat wagon, which I drove for a while. It ran pretty well most of the time, but the AC conked out at some point. I took it to gigs. One night, some a-hole poured a whole cup of coffee all over it in the parking lot. I was suitably angry, but got it washed next day. I know we sold it soon after, but I don't remember to whom or for what price. 

$8K seems like a LOT of money for that old firetrap. 

As mentioned before, we had at least 2 in the family for a long time. My brother in law bought his brand new in 1972. He bought the pinto and grand torino at the same time. The pinto was his work car, the torino for date nights. I bought the torino from him in '81 with 10k miles on it. One of the cars I wish I still had. My sister had a pinto dad bought used for her. Both ran great as far as I knew, neither one blew up, LOL.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that the (what I presume) educated audience for "not mine" is still ignorant about the near-urban myth "exploding Pinto". A wildly overstated story.

It's easy to sneer at economy cars for "common" people- and that tends to be generational. Model T's were subjects of derision in my grandfathers time. 

Pinto Station Wagons were never an issue. 

• Like 5