car art -made from vintage car parts

arcticbuicks

what is some of the best car art you have seen ?

I was recently at the crusher taking a load of scrap from a property i bought clean up......and drove by the stacks of crushed cars ......i spotted a 59 Caddy 2 door HT.......three cars up.....with three cars on top of it.......the car above it was about 1/4 inch from touching tail fins......i managed to convince the owner to remove the car and had them cut off the rear section and front section ......spur of the moment idea to do a caddy sofa ........the front i have no plans for ,just too good to crush with so many chrome parts ......and there are sure a lot of bullet style parts etc in the grille.

Edited by arcticbuicks (see edit history)
  • Like 3

52807216252_426fe94d17_c.jpg2023-04-10_04-07-10 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

I made this last year out of a few spare steering wheels I had laying around. Also had a nose ornament and a fender script I will never use. The funny part is I was going to throw this together and hang on the wall in my shop. It turned out nicer than I expected so it went on my office wall. The nose arrow I had was too crappy so I had to open the wallet for $60 for a new one. So much for putting some junk together.

I have a good T/A buddy that replaced the nose piece when he restored his trans am. He took the bad one and patched it together enough for a repaint. He put the lights back in wired to 110 and made a wall hanger out of it. Looks pretty cool.

• Like 5

I consider this art....Dr Dave is a good friend of mine in Conway Arkansas. He's a kustoms and hotrod guy, who loves the 50's and period correct customs and rods, so when he built his new office.... well, any one with half an interest in cars would want to check it out. He built it with parts car that were way gone, and it came out awesome. His drivers, when they aren't down, are a  chopped 50 Merc or a model A that's had some suspension work and a '32 grill installed, or a 50's Chevy "sled" with a 261......

Hot Rod Orthodontic Office - Dr. David Myers | Hotrod Hotline

• Like 4

I wish I still had a picture... One of my pals is a well known artist here in town. He specializes in mobiles. Back in the 90's when I totaled my '65 Malibu 4 door he asked to strip trim parts from it to make another work of art. It was quite large and interesting, and sold at the first showing he took it to. Title? "Christopher's Pile-up at Malibu".... My name is Chris Pile.... I don't recall the price it brought, but it was over a grand.

Edited by Studemax (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Roscoe said:

I consider this art....Dr Dave is a good friend of mine in Conway Arkansas. He's a kustoms and hotrod guy, who loves the 50's and period correct customs and rods, so when he built his new office.... well, any one with half an interest in cars would want to check it out. He built it with parts car that were way gone, and it came out awesome. His drivers, when they aren't down, are a  chopped 50 Merc or a model A that's had some suspension work and a '32 grill installed, or a 50's Chevy "sled" with a 261......

That is one of the coolest office spaces on earth!!!! Makes me wanna take a road trip next time I need to go to the dentist.

My dentist races vintage porsches and we would talk about them, but thats all it was, Talk. Nothing neat to look at and just the plain ole boring building.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roscoe said:

Agreed; makes me want to go to the dentist!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.11f984f0ce16b502aec33ceab7511d26.pngimage.png.2670e3e60105c50719e9111f3e7a0ede.pngimage.png.4c92db3cfaa64315e60f3faec4f9334f.pngimage.png.2ffb4e8ff4968b16069b3fd9be218f14.pngthis a little place i know of .....its a fairly new building not old at all.......off the beaten path ......called "The Crow".......it is a ice cream place.....and on a huge property you can walk full of interesting items.

Edited by arcticbuicks (see edit history)
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I have a box full (8) of used super duty pistons. I would like to make some kind of art out them but I am not that creative. If anyone has any ideas.............................................?

I had this Buick Domed Piston Award made for Bruce and Shar Kile in appreciation for all they’ve done for the Buick community. I presented it to them at the Southeast Region Tour at Buick Gardens. 
The pistons are from a 322 left, representing Bruce and a 264 right, representing Shar. The backup piece is a 322 windage tray. 

IMG_2762.jpeg.4adaacec80b90c0bac4911e23dbf5be0.jpeg

IMG_2764.jpeg.f29d148e612947e8239c299f2af81fbd.jpeg

2023-10-2712_04_44.jpeg.1ff09fb0d861edf3f8ecb9c82c3c548a.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I had this Buick Domed Piston Award made for Bruce and Shar Kile in appreciation for all they’ve done for the Buick community. I presented it to them at the Southeast Region Tour at Buick Gardens. 
The pistons are from a 322 left, representing Bruce and a 264 right, representing Shar. The backup piece is a 322 windage tray. 

IMG_2762.jpeg.4adaacec80b90c0bac4911e23dbf5be0.jpeg

IMG_2764.jpeg.f29d148e612947e8239c299f2af81fbd.jpeg

2023-10-2712_04_44.jpeg.1ff09fb0d861edf3f8ecb9c82c3c548a.jpeg

The super duty pistons are kinda special in the world of Pontiacs. I offered them for free to a couple of Pontiac only clubs with an idea to turn them into some kind of trophy. Being there are only eight a best of show or something compatible. Fell on deaf ears. Never heard back.

• Like 2

Well seeing JH Boland has allowed us to step away from 4 wheels for a moment, this a piece of outdoor art a mate made a few years back, in homage to the good old days in suburban Australia before septic systems and flushing toilets, when the outside toilet, (outhouse, etc) was situated in the back yard, usually with an alleyway running behind, and the night soil was collected weekly by 'The Nightman.'

Shanes bike 1.png

Shanes bike 2.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rod P said:

Well seeing JH Boland has allowed us to step away from 4 wheels for a moment, this a piece of outdoor art a mate made a few years back, in homage to the good old days in suburban Australia before septic systems and flushing toilets, when the outside toilet, (outhouse, etc) was situated in the back yard, usually with an alleyway running behind, and the night soil was collected weekly by 'The Nightman.'

Shanes bike 1.png

Shanes bike 2.png