For Sale: 1930 Model A Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe - $12,900 - Sunman, IN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1930 Model A Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe - $12,900 - Sunman, IN

1930 Ford Model a for sale by owner - Sunman, IN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1930 Model A Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe – Appears to be mostly original, Runs, drives and stop as it should. Paint is decent but not perfect. Would make a wonderful cruiser or turn it into a hot rod. I do not need to sell but have too many and need the room. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will answer the best I can. Email with phone number or questions and I will return contact information. Located between Sunman and Lawrenceburg Indiana.
Copy and paste in your email: 033f809297753db5ae3edf0fca7a8822@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1930 Model A Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe.

'30 Ford Model A  IN a.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN b.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN c.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN d.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN e.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN f.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN g.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN h.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN i.jpg

'30 Ford Model A  IN j.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Way to many things incorrect to call this car “mostly original “ It is cute though.

Mostly original based on percentage by weight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Market for a more correct coupe I think, or close to market.  $12 - 14k gets a pretty nice coupe or really nice tudor these days.

The interior and fenders are big misses here, and would eat a lot of $$ tp fix.

The interior is obvious, what is the problem with the fenders as I’m no A expert?

15 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Thank you for that bit of information.  The Model A Ford has to be one of the most documented cars on the planet!

This is true Terry!  The fine point guys frown on repro parts which, along with the documentation makes those cars a bit of an accomplishment.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Corvette dude "this car is faked.  The factory chalkmarks should always be white, not yellow."

I don't know who told me this story nor when, I apologize if I'm stealing your thunder.

An older fellow was at a Corvette show, and he walked up to two people in argument over a mark on the inner fender of the Corvette in question.

One was saying "That check mark is wrong, it obviously was an inspector's mark, but the mark is backwards with the short leg on the right and not the left, as it should be with a check mark".  The other guy, the owner, says "The car is all original, maybe it was a left handed inspector?"  

The old guy speaks up, and says "Guys, both of you are wrong.  I worked on the Corvette assembly line.  That's not a check mark, that's an "L", and meant the car had a leak and needed to be fixed before being shipped to the dealer"....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I don't really know any diehard Corvette people. Too modern for the circles I hang around. However, I have met a few very serious experts on them. I have known a lot of model A people, including a number of absolute purist expert types! So I know how they are. However, I have also heard before that the Corvette crowd has the model A crowd beat on the level of perfection they want to see and know.

I had a friend get his midyear Corvette judged for NCRS certification.  They spent an afternoon at a gathering of five cars closed to the public.  Whoever reviewed his spent around two hours on it.  Not sure what he ended up with but they take it to a pretty high level of detail from what I understand.

22 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

I had a friend get his midyear Corvette judged for NCRS certification.  They spent an afternoon at a gathering of five cars closed to the public.  Whoever reviewed his spent around two hours on it.  Not sure what he ended up with but they take it to a pretty high level of detail from what I understand.

I was at the camaro nationals this past summer. I forget what their highest level of judging is called but they only take on a very few select cars, the judging is done with a 4 post lift. I forget now but it is something like a 2 hour look over. Too intense for me, LOL.

Not to knock it but those guys have the top of the heap beautiful cars, I can take mine to Hershey and back in a rain storm and not worry too much about it.

• Like 4

@TAKerry I agree.  I do admire anyone willing to take a car to that level and maintain it, though.  I am not surprised a lot of the popular 60s cars have organizations with that level of judging behind them.  I am sure it drives research so we do know just what was what when those cars were built.

• Like 1

The bummer on this car is it looks to be in better overall condition than a lot of As in this price range, but expect to hear "whats up with the fenders" anytime you are with a group of A folks numbering more than 2.  Then onto the tidy but incorrect interior and underhood accesories.  Alternator, carb, coil all incorrect but engine room is clean.

Someone cared about this car for sure, but they need to either get lucky with a novice assessing condition but not what is correct or they will wait a bit.  If one builds an A "to personal taste" it is usually a slower sell.  Neither fish nor fowl, tough to find a stock A guy who does quick math on corrections and walks, but not mods the rodders want either.  

If it had later 16" V8 wheels and some period banger parts under tge hood it would likely do as well or better than a bone stock, correct version.  At least in my opinion anyway based on what I see in A market.

• Like 2

At a local car show last year with my pretty much all original 34 Dodge coupe A guy had beautiful 34 Ford coupe nut and bolt restoration 2017 never driven just driven on and off trailer Boasting how perfect it is he opened the hood there was a super charged flat head  2 Stromburg carb’s aluminum heads ! 

IMG_1079.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Porsche 68 said:

At a local car show last year with my pretty much all original 34 Dodge coupe A guy had beautiful 34 Ford coupe nut and bolt restoration 2017 never driven just driven on and off trailer Boasting how perfect it is he opened the hood there was a super charged flat head  2 Stromburg carb’s aluminum heads ! 

IMG_1079.jpeg

I would take your car any day over the Ford.  A recent story in Hemmings highlighted the how rewarding owning and driving the less than 100 point car can be.

I'll take your Dodge over the Ford any day. The only thing the Ford has going for it is the name. The Ford is smaller and harder to work on. As much as I like the sound of the flathead V-8's I'd much rather own and work on the flathead 6.