1942 Plymouth Special Deluxe - $15,000 - AZ

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/chandler-1942-plymouth-special-deluxe/7689376709.html

1942 Plymouth Special Deluxe. Original drive train with flathead motor and 3 on the tree manual transmission. Not a show car but extremely rare. Runs and drives great for being 80+ years old. Not desperate to sell. I love this car but dont have time to give it the attention it deserves. 15K OBO. It will take a great offer from a great person for me to let it go. Text is best to coordinate a conversation 4ateoh seven2oh ateateoh1

image.png.105bdcd6361902a12d72af3ce4e7fbe2.png

image.png.b24a926f76eb4853ce5c490a83a68e78.png

image.png.9f2ca15e683473438b34d22b05eab410.png

image.png.f9c59e1b2d38578c5e27511ad0a38bf4.png

• Like 1

Dirty, ruff. Very optimistic price. Missing some trim. Originality is all but gone. That great offer from a great person isn't coming and texting to coordinate a conversation at that kind of money won't be happening. Real world if it's actually for sale: Take the best offer ($4-5K) from the average guy that knocks on the door that's just looking for an old car fix-up project. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, m-mman said:

Has playing hard to get, ever helped in selling a car? 

Probably about as good as drastically marking the price up from when one first listed it.   I have yet to see a car sell for a higher price from a seller that couldn't get less money for it,  unless of course some value was added,  by a repair or replacement parts,  etc. 

• 2 months later...

Still around, now $10K OBO

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/chandler-1942-plymouth-special-deluxe/7717720979.html

1942 Plymouth Special Deluxe. Original drive train with flathead motor and 3 on the tree manual transmission. Not a show car but extremely rare. Runs and drives great for being 80+ years old. Not desperate to sell. I love this car but dont have time to give it the attention it deserves. 10K OBO. It will take a great offer from a great person for me to let it go. Text is best to coordinate a conversation 4ateoh seven2oh ateateoh1

3 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Still around, now $10K OBO

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/chandler-1942-plymouth-special-deluxe/7717720979.html

1942 Plymouth Special Deluxe. Original drive train with flathead motor and 3 on the tree manual transmission. Not a show car but extremely rare. Runs and drives great for being 80+ years old. Not desperate to sell. I love this car but dont have time to give it the attention it deserves. 10K OBO. It will take a great offer from a great person for me to let it go. Text is best to coordinate a conversation 4ateoh seven2oh ateateoh1

I guess he isn't so concerned about getting a great person anymore. What a schmuck. 

• Haha 1