Man's best friend at Hershey

1937hd45

We started training for Hershey a while back by working up walk distances!

The rules allow dogs but not on the show field.  Totally agree owners have responsibilities, we manage and clean up after Patty.. The biggest issue we had last year was we couldn't get down an aisle without her making new friends.  She may wear a sign this year:

My name is Patty and I am a girl, not a boy or big fellow. 

Yes, I am friendly, you can pet me if you like.

I am a Great Dane, Great Pyrenees mix.  I am 5 years old.

I have dry eye, but I see just fine and I am not sad.

I like treats....😁😁😁

If you see us say hello!!

20230831_062731.jpg

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 12

Much as I love dogs, I don't think they want to go to car shows. The pavement can get quite hot on their paws and you never notice it because you have shoes on. They overheat walking and standing around. They'll do it without complaint because that's just how awesome dogs are, but it's hard to know when they've had enough and maybe they've had enough before you have.

Even if your dogs are friendly, they may not ALWAYS be friendly to everyone. My dogs are sweethearts but here at the shop, once in a while a guy walks in who they just don't like. I don't know what sets them off, but it's always embarrassing at best and a hassle at worst. We don't bring them to work anymore. And there's always the chance of a non-dog person being upset by the dog's presence and expressing it in a crummy way, whether it's fear or just a comment about keeping the dog off their car or else. People who don't like dogs are... unpredictable in their dislike.

I bet the dogs would be happier at home or with other dogs at a caregiver's place. That's what we do when we're out of town and the dogs are much happier for it.

• Like 5

I have 5 dogs (altogether no bigger than Steve's dogs front leg,LOL) some are sociable a couple not so much. My wife alternates between her 2 frenchies at work every day. She is an office manager. Myself I stress when we take them with us and there are times that they go everywhere. I worry about every little thing that could happen. They keep my wife happy and calm which is a good thing. No, I will not be bringing any of them to Hershey.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

If Hank could type he would say he had a great time, enjoyed his walks on the lawns and inspecting the trees. LOVED the 4 hour drive, couldn't take his eyes off the landscape. He added a lot of new members to his Fan Club. 

Bob 

Pics??? 

Patty had a blast!  Made a lot of friends and we took it real easy when it heated up Wednesday.  Nice and cool back at the room!! 

20231004_174547.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/26/2023 at 3:07 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Much as I love dogs, I don't think they want to go to car shows. The pavement can get quite hot on their paws and you never notice it because you have shoes on. They overheat walking and standing around. They'll do it without complaint because that's just how awesome dogs are, but it's hard to know when they've had enough and maybe they've had enough before you have.

Even if your dogs are friendly, they may not ALWAYS be friendly to everyone. My dogs are sweethearts but here at the shop, once in a while a guy walks in who they just don't like. I don't know what sets them off, but it's always embarrassing at best and a hassle at worst. We don't bring them to work anymore. And there's always the chance of a non-dog person being upset by the dog's presence and expressing it in a crummy way, whether it's fear or just a comment about keeping the dog off their car or else. People who don't like dogs are... unpredictable in their dislike.

I bet the dogs would be happier at home or with other dogs at a caregiver's place. That's what we do when we're out of town and the dogs are much happier for it.

I generally don't trust people who don't like dogs. On the other hand, I trust all 3 of my dog's completely if they dislike a person...😂

• Like 8

Just now, 31Buick96S said:

I generally don't trust people who don't like dogs. On the other hand, I trust all 3 of my dog's completely if they dislike a person...😂

You don't have to own a dog but if you don't like them there is definitely something wrong with you.

• Like 9