1934 ROLLS ROYCE. 20/25 - $25,000 - (healdsburg / windsor CA)

• f.f.jones changed the title to 1934 ROLLS ROYCE. 20/25 - $25,000 - (healdsburg / windsor CA)

To add to my previous comments,  Let's say you get it for closer to 20K,  spend some money on the wheels and tires, and some sorting.  For 25k-30K you can participate in all the RROC activities and not be viewed as a second class citizen at all.    The Rolls guys are actually respectful of the 20HP cars and many that own the big cars also have a 20. 

Also, this is the later 20/25 which has all the chassis improvements and more power.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Why do you think so?

It was more of a question for others who might know more than I do, but the price seems low (is it?)and the description is very lacking, both common to the CL scams I have noticed. 

Hope I don't come across as accusing an honest seller, I'll be happy to retract the statement if it seems otherwise. 

57 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

It was more of a question for others who might know more than I do, but the price seems low (is it?)and the description is very lacking, both common to the CL scams I have noticed. 

Hope I don't come across as accusing an honest seller, I'll be happy to retract the statement if it seems otherwise. 

No, the price is actually in the ballpark what the car is. Need to remember that it is the baby Rolls Royce. Not the phantom II. Closed car with questionable color scheme needing some level of sorting.

I actually think it is priced correctly.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

1 hour ago, prewarnut said:

...and the RHD discount.

50 years ago it was the opposite in the USA.   There was a snob appeal to the RHD Rolls as it was built in England.  When RR of American went bankrupt all Phantom II chassis were built in England including the American version LHD AJS and AMS series cars (total production 125).

There are LHD Phantom I and II but all of the small HP RR are RHD like this one.

EDIT:  And yes,  typically a premium in the USA for LHD, especially with the PII.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

No, the price is actually in the ballpark what the car is. Need to remember that it is the baby Rolls Royce. Not the phantom II. Closed car with questionable color scheme needing some level of sorting.

I actually think it is priced correctly.

I think AJ is right. Most RR cars we see advertised on the internet are wildly overpriced. I'd guess that the seller actually knows the market and he's priced this according to what it can be expected to "sell" for rather than some pie in the sky fantasy price. I actually like the earlier 20HP better and would really like one about '26 or '27 but even that's out of my league right now.

All of the small HP RRs are RHD. Once you get accustomed to it, it's no problem at all.

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Healdsburg/Windsor is on the edge of the wine country North of San Francisco. Beautiful countryside, great antique automobile roads. I have toured that area many times in years past, and driven by it for family and business drives literally hundreds of times!

The car? 1934 is a bit too new for what I really want, but I have always wanted for a Rolls Royce, and if it were possible (it isn't), I think I could fall in love with this one. 

I look at the ads for them often, and also would expect the price to be about right for the model. I certainly hope it is legitimate, and hope someone gets a great car for a fair price!

Bonus if one likes the colors, I do here.  I have seen a few of these baby RR in various closed body styles, sedans, limos, if it is complete and running they want $20k.  A small premium seems to buy a lot of condition.  Likely needs sorting but it appears to be on the road.  As said, somebody here should grab it!

3 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Bonus if one likes the colors, I do here.  I have seen a few of these baby RR in various closed body styles, sedans, limos, if it is complete and running they want $20k.  A small premium seems to buy a lot of condition.  Likely needs sorting but it appears to be on the road.  As said, somebody here should grab it!

Steve,  I got my one and only ride in a 20 HP RR earlier in the year.  I thought I made a video but can't find it on my phone sadly.   The car I was riding in had a very cool barrel side phaeton body,  it was an earlier car that has been well sorted.   Nimble, easy to drive, but I'm thinking 35-40 mph is the comfort zone.   

• Like 1