NOT MINE 1940 LaSalle Convertible Coupe- Victor NY 7k

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/602662405150944/

1940 Lasalle Convertible This was my Father in-laws last project car. I found receipts for $7000 in parts. The car has rechromed Ft & R bumpers,bumper guards,hood ornament, lower grill guards.It has a new Chrome tilt steering column,1 Pair of 5 inch spot lights and fog lights. There are 5 new wire wheels from Coker tire,some new rubber parts from Steele Rubber Products.There is a extra grill and two tops, 16 lower grill vents and 7 hood vent trim moldings. This car has a slant 6 and 4 speed overdrive transmission. Serious inquiries only. No scams [hidden information]

374426206_626661856203780_73503940803782

374657346_626661822870450_40028121252357

• Like 1

I would be a little less harsh in my assessment of this custom car. I like the LaSalle grill and the paint when finished would look nice, but I wou;d lose the continental kit and go with a standard bumper. The interior can be massaged to look ok and when completed, I believe that you would have something unique. As has been said before, "I've seen much worse" I wouldn't have gone with the slant six, maybe a small block Chevy.  GLWTS

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)

The muffler clamp for the steering column is a bad idea. You can use a big block aluminum rod. Cut it off on the piston end, drill and tap it to bolt on the bottom of the dash. And drill out the crank end to the size of the column tube. You also have to tie the bottom of the dash into the firewall. Steering wheel will be a little unsupported, just mounting it to the dash only. You could save this car and finish it out. Back end of the car looks Lincolnish? Maybe blended a 40’s Lincoln trunk section into the LaSalle body?