Trunk liner for 1963 Riviera?

Adambravo

So, after discovering a damp trunk a few weeks ago, I think I've solved the leak issue but I do need a new trunk liner. I've searched the boards here but don't see any posts newer than late 2021 (including a reference to a place called Clark's, which I can't find), so I'm reaching out for the latest suggestions and recommendations. I've seen offerings at ProFit (https://www.bopparts.com/1963-buick-riviera-trunk-mat-tweed-gray-5-pieces.html) and BOP Parts (https://www.bopparts.com/1963-buick-riviera-trunk-mat-tweed-gray-5-pieces.html); any feedback or additional places to look? I've attached a photo of what I currently have back there...

Thanks in advance,

Screenshot 2023-07-31 153119.png

If you want the liner covered go to Jenkins Upholstery (Jenkins-interiors.com) in North Carolina that way you can wipe off scuff marks. Hill Jenkins will sell you the stock appearing material that lines the shelf where the spare goes and the floor. If you go with the cardboard liner I have it is new, but on the shelf for a long time. No scratches, etc. I'll mail or ship to you method you choose. If interested PM me for the price.

Turbinate

• Like 1

Not going to show my 1963 Trunk Liner. Typical of Riviera challenges, the 1st attempt is not the final product. I botched covering the wheel wells and the cutout at the bottom. A trick method?

I purchased this for my when  I re-do it the 2nd time. Will help for the cutout. How to do the wheel wells?:

image.png.b7b290b8fc20ae489df379b0a0f82f3e.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 12:58 PM, XframeFX said:

Not going to show my 1963 Trunk Liner. Typical of Riviera challenges, the 1st attempt is not the final product. I botched covering the wheel wells and the cutout at the bottom. A trick method?

I purchased this for my when  I re-do it the 2nd time. Will help for the cutout. How to do the wheel wells?:

image.png.b7b290b8fc20ae489df379b0a0f82f3e.png

John, when it comes to upholstery it is just a puzzle I cannot figure. The patterns just don’t come to me.

Turbinator

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rockable said:

I thought this looked best.

That is what is important. I have the original gray sets, BUT yours looks great. Are any of kit walls lined with vinyl?

Reason I ask is I did have vinyl put on the walls. I don’t  have the gray in my car  that is the factory gray. The vinyl lets me clean up after I’ve banged around back there.

dsc_0950.jpeg

On page 14 of Clark’s Riviera catalog, it states that trunk cardboard is available in 18 colors.  If Calvin covers the package trays he sells in your choice of vinyl color, I’m betting he would cover the cardboard pieces as well.  You’d just have to contact him to find out.  Vinyl covered cardboard and matching carpet would make for a striking trunk.

On 8/22/2023 at 7:30 AM, RivNut said:

Vinyl covered cardboard and matching carpet would make for a striking trunk.

Agreed, I’m doing mine now after seeing Bills riviera63 in Kalamazoo.

Here are some pics of his that he sent me.

299D33C4-C8DF-4A56-A069-A22BC47264E6.jpeg

C5C31A40-492C-4D22-A7C1-11AEA6ED5620.jpeg

8C910E0E-ACC1-49BF-AE26-32C4108DE0FA.jpeg

74263307-7D63-4C0C-8A75-DEEFEE2BFC0F.jpeg

• Like 1