What antique car did you drive or ride in today?

Dandy Dave

cDrove the 35 Buick last night to a Cruise-In in Clayton GA, in a Monsoon!   Heavey heavy rain, still had about 50 cars and a good dinner in the Clayton Cafe'.

Vaccum wipers are no good going up the mountain coming home. 

Picture not taken last night but on Daytona Beach a few years ago, without rain.

BeachBuick.jpg.bac6793badaf0e79ca2fff3c4cb03aa5.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Added picture (see edit history)
  • Like 7

At the end of last week I drove my 1913 Ford 530 miles in 3 days. Nope, that was not a typo. The car ran flawlessly, got about 16 MPG and only used .5 quarts of oil. Here it is pictured at the corner intersection of Michigan,  Ohio and Indiana. 20230810_171539.jpg.aaaa9ebbbba3ca2420abce80e517521b.jpg

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, ericmac said:

At the end of last week I drove my 1913 Ford 530 miles in 3 days. Nope, that was not a typo. The car ran flawlessly, got about 16 MPG and only used .5 quarts of oil. Here it is pictured at the corner intersection of Michigan,  Ohio and Indiana. 20230810_171539.jpg.aaaa9ebbbba3ca2420abce80e517521b.jpg

Best ever! Did you visit friends or family, stay in Inns or camp out?

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to What antique car did you drive or ride in today?
2 hours ago, PWN said:

Best ever! Did you visit friends or family, stay in Inns or camp out?

I stayed with my family. I am a member of the chapter of the Model T Ford Club International-Boilin' T's-that hosted the tour. As such, I slept in my own bed, though that meant I drove the car an extra 15 miles on each end of the day of driving to get home. Not all bad.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2023 at 4:31 AM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Got up to catch the sunrise with the ‘48 NYer…..unfortunately the clouds moved in as the sun came up. Still, it is wonderful going for a drive very early AM!

IMG_4813.png

IMG_4812.png

Spectacular photos!   I'm with 30Dodge, those are magazine worthy.

Peter Gariepy changed the title to What antique car did you drive or ride in today?

Peter:

Thank you for correcting the English this thread title has labored under for all too long.

I would grit my teeth each time I saw it.

P.S. I took the  '72 F-100 to the dumps and the feed store today. I'm the original owner - it's been 51 years now. I still enjoy driving it after around 700,000 miles

f100mine3.jpeg.d4fe69e6c9c29b59e3bbc3aa62e93def.jpeg

Edited by f.f.jones (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

Peter Gariepy changed the title to What antique car did you drive or ride in today?

Peter:

Thank you for correcting the English this thread title has labored under for all too long.

I would grit my teeth each time I saw it.

P.S. I took the  '72 F-100 to the dumps and the feed store today. I'm the original owner - it's been 51 years now. I still enjoy driving it after around 700,000 miles

f100mine3.jpeg.d4fe69e6c9c29b59e3bbc3aa62e93def.jpeg

Never did get no A fer spellin or grammer.. 😜🙃 Dandy Dave!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1