For Sale: 1936 Plymouth Deluxe 4dr Sedan, 60K miles - Project - $6,000 - Waterloo, NY - Not Mine - It's turned up again, in East Windsor, CT now, same $6,000: 9-20-2023:

For Sale: 1936 Plymouth Deluxe 4dr Sedan, 60K miles - Project - $6,000 - Waterloo, NY - It's turned up again, in East Windsor, CT now, same $6,000: 9-20-2023: See New Link Below and Clue:

Classic Vintage 1936 Plymouth - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Interested in buying an old classic car we have a beautiful 1936 Plymouth for sale. Give us a call, we can discuss a time to meet. odometer: 60514

Copy and paste in your email:  61153ca11b9f385fa4c648059400d6d7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1936 Plymouth Deluxe 4dr Sedan, 60K miles - Project.

'36 Plymouth CNY a.jpg

'36 Plymouth CNY d.jpg

'36 Plymouth CNY b.jpg

'36 Plymouth CNY c.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
It's turned up again, in East Windsor, CT now, same $6,000: 9-20-2023: (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

From what I've read, that"s not such a big deal in New York. Am I wrong? What's the motor vehicle department say?

I know that N.Y. uses the registration for cars that are:

Model year 1972 or older

The acceptable proof of ownership is either

• a NY State Transferable Registration – must be the original or a certified copy, not a photocopy 
  • acceptable proof from another state 4

To transfer ownership

• the owner can use the transferable registration and a bill of sale
  • make sure the registration document is marked "transferable" on the front
  • the seller whose name appears on the transferable registration must sign the back

But one would have to check to see:

1 - Are there transferrable registrations for these cars?

2 - What is the policy of the State(s) where the car(s) would be going when sold?

I know that in Pa. the DMV accepts transferrable registrations to title a car. Other States ?????

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1936 Plymouth Deluxe 4dr Sedan, 60K miles - Project - $6,000 - Waterloo, NY - Not Mine - It's turned up again, in East Windsor, CT now, same $6,000: 9-20-2023:

It's turned up again, in East Windsor, CT now, same $6,000: 9-20-2023:

1936 plymouth for sale - East Windsor, CT - craigslist

Seller's Description:

1936 PLYMOUTH SEDAN
4 DOOR SEDAN
FLAT HEAD 6 CYLINDER MOTOR
MOTOR IS COMPLETE EVERYTHING IS THERE
EVEN HAS THE ORIGINAL INSIDE HEATER!
STANDARD TRANSMISSION
HAS BEEN IN STORAGE
CAR IS COMPLETE WITH A GREAT BODY
EVERYTHING IS THERE
CANVAS TOP HAS COLLAPSED
FULL COMPLETE INTERIOUR BUT IS DAMAGED
AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURES IT IS ALL THERE
NO CANCER OR ROT
ALL ORIGINAL RIGHT DOWN TO THE HUB CAPS
MAKES FOR A GREAT RESTORATION!
WON'T BE HERE LONG AT THIS PRICE OF $5000
SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!
CASH ONLY AND NO BS
ONE OF A KIND 1936 PLYMOUTH FOR $6000

How do I know this is the same 1936 Plymouth? Check the rear bumper in both earlier and current photos, same peeled patch of chrome!

'36 Plymouth CT c.jpg

'36 Plymouth CT b.jpg

'36 Plymouth CT a.jpg

• Like 3

Someone must have told them the dust did not ad value. I doubt the paint looks that good in person, the typical lets wet it down and get a quick pic. But for 5k you almost cant go wrong. Body looks decent enough and complete.

Pop told me stories of his family having a mid to late 30's dodge or plymouth. Said 50mph was the fastest it would go and that was downhill in neutral or off a cliff! Unfortunately he is no longer around to confirm exactly what the car was.

4 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Someone must have told them the dust did not ad value. I doubt the paint looks that good in person, the typical lets wet it down and get a quick pic. But for 5k you almost cant go wrong. Body looks decent enough and complete.

Pop told me stories of his family having a mid to late 30's dodge or plymouth. Said 50mph was the fastest it would go and that was downhill in neutral or off a cliff! Unfortunately he is no longer around to confirm exactly what the car was.

This sedan left the factory with a 4:10 rear end, so speed-wise it's no worse than anything else in it's class.

• Like 1