Happy Canada Day!!! For all the Canadian members (we take honourary Canadians too)

3macboys

It's going to be a hot and sticky day here in Southwestern Ontario - 28C but feeling like 35C with the humidity- translates into 82F and 95F.  Let's see what you are up to today with your old cars.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Happy Canada day to you and all of our northern brethren. I was giving my brother (peterborough) a hardtime for sending all the smoke our way, until he said 'you should see what it looks like here!'

The smoke from the fires this year has been very unusual - here's the Ontario government site for them https://www.ontario.ca/page/forest-fires  .  Some of the fires are nearly 100 000 acres in size.  We have a cottage 5 1/2 north of us and even there it is unusual to get smoke from the fires in a normal year.  On our lake we have a retired water bomber pilot, my rule is don't worry until you see Red leaving.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 3macboys said:

It's going to be a hot and sticky day here in Southwestern Ontario - 28C but feeling like 35C with the humidity- translates into 82F and 95F.  Let's see what you are up to today with your old cars.

Happy Canada Day to our northern friends-

We look forward to joining you in a couple of weeks in London on the Ontario Region sponsored AACA Founders Tour (I've driven every Founders since the first one in 1988).

8 hours ago, TerryB said:

Please sign me up as an honorary Canadian.  Always enjoyed my work time and vacation time there.  Please send some Tim Horton coffee and doughnuts my way!

Sign me up, as well - this will be our 3rd tour in Ontario, including:

London to Brighton (Alliston to Kincardine in our '88 'Vette, driven from New Orleans, and

Vintage Tour in our '30 Packard Touring -based in Kingston, ON  --- Enjoyed them both

I'll skip the Tim Horton coffee in favor (favour?) of our New Orleans Coffee and Chickory.

On the other hand - Looking forward to Poutine !

Unfortunately we'll not have time to visit with family way over in Amherst Shores, Nova Scotia, and not even newly discovered relatives in the Montreal area.

By the way, our temps here in New Orleans have hovered around 100 F for the past week, and will continue, gradually diminishing to a high of "only" 93 by the end of next week  --  and yes, our humidity has been rough, leaving us with "Feels-Like" in the 113-117 degree range.

I can't say the smoke will be a welcome change, but am looking forward to lower temps.

What is the current price of Diesel

and of 87 Octane regular up that way?

Western Pennsylvania

Western New York

Toronto / London, Ontario

Detroit

Dayton, Ohio

Pulling the 30 ft, extra tall trailer with my '00 Excursion 7.3L Diesel

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

Happy Canada Day to our northern friends-

We look forward to joining you in a couple of weeks in London on the Ontario Region sponsored AACA Founders Tour (I've driven every Founders since the first one in 1988).

Sign me up, as well - this will be our 3rd tour in Ontario, including:

London to Brighton (Alliston to Kincardine in our '88 'Vette, driven from New Orleans, and

Vintage Tour in our '30 Packard Touring -based in Kingston, ON  --- Enjoyed them both

I'll skip the Tim Horton coffee in favor (favour?) of our New Orleans Coffee and Chickory.

On the other hand - Looking forward to Poutine !

Unfortunately we'll not have time to visit with family way over in Amherst Shores, Nova Scotia, and not even newly discovered relatives in the Montreal area.

By the way, our temps here in New Orleans have hovered around 100 F for the past week, and will continue, gradually diminishing to a high of "only" 93 by the end of next week  --  and yes, our humidity has been rough, leaving us with "Feels-Like" in the 113-117 degree range.

I can't say the smoke will be a welcome change, but am looking forward to lower temps.

What is the current price of Diesel

and of 87 Octane regular up that way?

Western Pennsylvania

Western New York

Toronto / London, Ontario

Detroit

Dayton, Ohio

Pulling the 30 ft, extra tall trailer with my '00 Excursion 7.3L Diesel

Marty,

Locally diesel is 1.47 per litre, it's finally dipped below the price of gas in the last couple of months.  Regular 87 is right around 1.50 per litre.  Of course that is Canadian dollar.  Always best to fuel up before you cross the border.  I'm about 30 miles from London.  This site gives you the best prices where you are located  https://www.gasbuddy.com/  Unfortunately, I won't be around for the Founders Tour as we'll be gone north next week for a month but if anyone has an interest in their down time to slip over to the thriving metropolis of Innerkip, Ontario (about 1000 souls, a few more if you include the cows) I'm sure that my father will be happy to open the doors to our place.  It's an old Chrysler dealership built in 1952.  Just let me know and I'll make the arrangements.   The place is a little bit overflowing.  Don't worry too much about the smoke, it really hasn't been as bad as the media portrays it and it comes and goes.  The number of fires has been decreasing.  There's been a fair bit of rain in the far north the last few days but consider what happens when you pour a bucket of water on a camp fire.  Hopefully everyone has a great time, the different locations to visit are all excellent!  Just to throw a little shade to our US visitors while you are in the area Beachville, Ontario lays claim to the first recorded baseball game.

Don

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 3macboys said:

Marty,

Locally diesel is 1.47 per litre, it's finally dipped below the price of gas in the last couple of months.  Of course that is Canadian dollar.  Always best to fuel up before you cross the border.  I'm about 30 miles from London.  This site gives you the best prices where you are located  https://www.gasbuddy.com/  Unfortunately, I won't be around for the Founders Tour as we'll be gone north next week for a month but if anyone has an interest in their down time to slip over to the thriving metropolis of Innerkip, Ontario (about 1000 souls, a few more if you include the cows) I'm sure that my father will be happy to open the doors to our place.  It's an old Chrysler dealership built in 1952.  Just let me know and I'll make the arrangements.   The place is a little bit overflowing.  Don't worry too much about the smoke, it really hasn't been as bad as the media portrays it and it comes and goes.  The number of fires has been decreasing.  There's been a fair bit of rain in the far north the last few days but consider what happens when you pour a bucket of water on a camp fire.  Hopefully everyone has a great time, the different locations to visit are all excellent!  Just to throw a little shade to our US visitors while you are in the area Beachville, Ontario lays claim to the first recorded baseball game.

Don

Don,

Thank you for the update, and sorry you won't be able to visit during Founders - always a good time and good turnout, maybe not like back in the 1990s, but good nonetheless.

I had hoped to make the time to drive north to Coldwater to look at an antique vehicle, and maybe stop for a visit at "The Guild of Automotive Restorers" as they expected to reopen in Innisfil, but timing isn't on our side.

By the way, 87 Octane at our local Sam's Club has been running $2.75/ Gallon (US), so I'm preparing for the shock at the pump.

The Excursion's tank holds 44 - 48 gal (+/-).

I had thought about just driving the '95 Grand Marquis since it makes 25+ mpg, or the '88 'Vette at 28 mpg, but the 'Vette has no room for my wife's roller walker, and I really want to drive the '37 Roadmaster Phaeton.

I'm not really concerned with the 12-13 mpg while touring,

But 2,800-2,900 miles with the Excursion Diesel 7.3L and enclosed high top trailer will be an eye-opener at the pump

Out here on the West Coast in Surrey (outside of Vancouver) I fired up my 14 Premier for a ride in the countryside. Great weather 24C, no clouds. It's good to be out enjoying my car and enjoying nature. the pictures were taken last week on Vancouver Island where we had a great tour. I didn't take any pictures today but we had the same weather!

Ken

20230621_125302 (2).jpg

20230621_125532 (2).jpg

20230619_195837.jpg

• Like 11

16 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

Did a little work on this today in London Ontario, but too hazy and humid to get much done.

june2423 085.jpg

I LOVE these! Great color combination, too. Thanks for the photo. I dream of owning one of these...but I also dream of simplifying my life, so it probably won't happen. 😞

• Like 2