Padgett

DAVES89

36 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

20,000 posts in twenty years that's about 3 a day. I know he tailed off posting some but that's a long time for him not to post. I googled his name and added obit but there is nothing listed.

Pretty sure I remember him saying that 'padgett' was his grandfather's name, so I suspect his true name is totally different.  Try other forums?

I went to another website [Maxperformance] and they were talking of his passing. It appears that he had a cancer which took his life. According to another post he was a Viet Nam wounded and decorated vet. Many comments about how smart yet humble he was with a "quirky" way of writing. I am glad I met him through the forum here. 

He will be missed...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dave, your comments about Atley Padgett Peterson are spot on . I was fortunate to meet him several times. First when I bought his 1990 Bonneville. Then at a few car shows afterward. Quirky, yes, but probably the most intelligent person I've ever met. RIP My friend.

• Like 2

That is sad news indeed, he was a part of the community that will be missed.  Dave, I was thinking the same thing with your "quirky" comment, he would go off on a tangent and it was interesting to see where it was going or would end up.  

• Like 1

Has anyone found an obit? 

I sat across the table from him many years back when we had a BCA board meeting in Kissessimi Fl 

Believe he lived on the north side of Orlando.    I have had many exchanges with him over the years and as noted he 

was very smart.    Another loss that cannot be replaced.   RIP

This is indeed very sad news.   I guess he did not want to let us know, he had cancer.  Yes about one year ago he got sideways with AACA Forum staff, but then came back on.   I hate losing forum members, even if they just stop posting.  

I am also guessing he was not married, but I don't know.  Sometimes when we post, we include "my wife likes..." and comments about our kids but I don't remember any comments like those.  

Sad, however, we're fortunate that he was active on this forum and at least some fraction of his knowledge and experience has been captured here for the benefit of others.  RIP...

• Like 1