Portland Swap meet and PIR swap meet

JACK M

That’s all my pictures. Type of cars there and overall condition. Is very consistent with years past. Parts for sale is your typical swap meet stuff, with most of it being common cars from the 50’s-70’s. If you are a prewar car person, and look for full classic stuff. Not much will be found here. Should give anyone a good idea of the type of stuff that you will find. There was a lot of good buys on bolt on ginger stuff. Fog lights, spot lights and used chrome good for driver quality cars. Fun swap meet, others can report on the track. I did not buy anything, did not see a Hornet trunk rocket. Bet it was at the track.🤨

43C05A8C-EC8D-4D75-BFAC-FC925AC3F48F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It's been about 5 years since I have been able to attend. { I went virtually every year for the 25 years before that } It looks like prices on project cars have taken a big jump. I used to see quite a few that seemed very reasonable / tempting. I thought everyone has been saying you can't give project cars away ?

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Well, it was cold and only wet sometimes at PIR. It was actually T-shirt weather on set up day Wednesday.

I was hit hard with a sore throat so spent alot of time warming up in the camper. 

I thank my partners for putting up with all that.

Of course, I got my rig stuck in the mud when attempting to back out of the stall.

I guess the only thing good about that is the Portland Parks supplies free tows on tear down days. And the driver is always right there for me as he remembers me every year and I do kick him a bit.

Good to meet 'Oregon Dessert' and of course all the regular guys I see up there.

Swear57's crew helped with the towing fiasco, Special thanks to them.

Oh yea, spending a weekend with Keiser31 was a hoot. Fun guy.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, JACK M said:

Well, it was cold and only wet sometimes at PIR. It was actually T-shirt weather on set up day Wednesday.

I was hit hard with a sore throat so spent alot of time warming up in the camper. 

I thank my partners for putting up with all that.

Of course, I got my rig stuck in the mud when attempting to back out of the stall.

I guess the only thing good about that is the Portland Parks supplies free tows on tear down days. And the driver is always right there for me as he remembers me every year and I do kick him a bit.

Good to meet 'Oregon Dessert' and of course all the regular guys I see up there.

Swear57's crew helped with the towing fiasco, Special thanks to them.

Oh yea, spending a weekend with Keiser31 was a hoot. Fun guy.

I got to meet Swear57 last year and had fun with Keiser31 and Cherie in the past. Good times with good folks all the way around. 

• Like 2

What a great swap meet, TWO Subaru 360 trucks in one place!

Edited by Frank DuVal
Typo (see edit history)