Buick 1927 Oil Filter

tdrix

As far as I know the filter is standard on the 27. The  filter is a unit. it can only be cleaned. Some have converted them to a real filter and can tell you how. I have not.  They are not a full flow, they just tap into the oiling system for the valves if I remember.  

My 27 Standard has a Luber Finer canister. It takes a A/C Delco C3020 filter. I have crossed it to many other filters & can’t find one. Submit Racing says they have 2 in the pipeline but I have been waiting for 2 months. If you find any let me know please.                            Jim

823C3947-3FB0-4BBC-B830-2140E4FD0FDC.jpeg

9483DF82-92C2-4505-8918-52460CF848E6.jpeg

33D62E4C-C131-4A55-B4FE-7B03BAAA2841.jpeg

Yes the 27 Buick had a factory oil filter that mounted to the firewall.   I believe there was a bracket on the firewall with 4 bolts and the filter assy mounted to this bracket.    check with Bobs Automobilia in Calif as I believe they have reproduction assemblies that have a modern filter inside   805 434 2963

It is metal outside with fabric inside. Bobs sell a reproduction with a modern filter inside. Over $300. I have also found that Then & Now back east has a Wix filter sitting on the shelf. A discontinued part # that's supposed to work. I ordered it we will see.

Thanks for all the help Jim

• Like 1

Dodge used a sealed oil filter on some of its vehicles from about 1934 to 1954.   It had a fitting on the top and bottom that was unscrewed and a new filter put in its place.   This was a very popular replacement for many antique cars including Buick when the originals were discontinued.   Unfortunately this filter is now discontinued too.     It was MoPar # 861028   Many different companies supplied this style filter.