For Sale: 1967 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 2dr Hardtop - $7,500 - Sacramento, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1967 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 2dr Hardtop - $7,500 - Sacramento, CA

1967 Chevrolet Corvair - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1967 Corvair Monza in excellent condition. Bucket seat 2-door no-post model. 2.7L Flat 6 with 2 speed Powerglide. Super original, runs and drives excellent. Clean title in my name and registered till next year. This is a great entry level classic car. I purchased the car through the original owners. Paint has been redone but is very presentable. odometer: 98000

Copy and paste in your email: 8d9f479385293bd2be9fb5442f5776ca@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1967 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 2dr Hardtop.

'67 Corvair CA a.jpg

'67 Corvair CA b.jpg

'67 Corvair CA c.jpg

'67 Corvair CA d.jpg

'67 Corvair CA e.jpg

'67 Corvair CA f.jpg

'67 Corvair CA g.jpg

'67 Corvair CA h.jpg

'67 Corvair CA i.jpg

'67 Corvair CA j.jpg

'67 Corvair CA k.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

What is the extra Air Cleaner about?

I've never seen that before. Just looked through a bunch of Corvair engine compartment photos and nothing like that shows up. Guessing it was added later in life. 

1 hour ago, Fossil said:

I've never seen that before. Just looked through a bunch of Corvair engine compartment photos and nothing like that shows up. Guessing it was added later in life. 

I just wondered if it was a special California-Only Emissions Required unit,

but agree - never saw another one like that-

surely none of my 5 Corvairs (4 prior - 1 currently) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

I just wondered if it was a special California-Only Emissions Required unit,

but agree - never saw another one like that-

surely none of my 5 Corvairs (4 prior - 1 currently) 

Marty/Fossil:  The extra air cleaner is actually an Oil Bath air cleaner which was a factory and/or dealer installed OPTION available on most Corvair vehicles (including FCs/Vans/Rampsides) for vehicles to be used in dusty environments.  Corvair oil bath air cleaners were available in various configurations depending on body style.  I live 1/2 mile off the Hard Ball Road (as my neighbor calls it!) on a gravel road that when it is dry for a few days/weeks becomes quite dusty!   I'll probably install one of these on my Corvairs just to help protect the engine.  Greg   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I went to look at a rusty 1969 Monza coupe 2 months ago for $4000 Canadian. It was far too rusty to save in my opinion, and this one looks really good.

But being in Canada and have to pay in USA dollars adds 35% plus shipping.

Hmmm, maybe better go back and have a better look! After all it's a 1969 with a fresh rebuilt engine.

nov25cars 147.jpg

• Like 1

I've always wondered how long a spare tire lasts being stored in the engine compartment.

Subaru cars had the spare tire stored above the engine but I've never owned one or asked the owners how long the spare lasts in that environment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zepher said:

I've always wondered how long a spare tire lasts being stored in the engine compartment.

Subaru cars had the spare tire stored above the engine but I've never owned one or asked the owners how long the spare lasts in that environment.

Never caused an issue in our Corvairs, but some owners move the spare to the Frunk for better weight distribution.

• Like 2

I've always wondered why Chevy didn't just mount the spare in the frunk - seems like the better weight distribution would be worth the loss of frunk storage capacity. Most VWs I've known have had the spare mounted up front. This looks like a great buy for someone - I'll admit I was tempted given its location.