1949 Chrysler Windsor Highlander Convertible - $25,500

Looks like a very nice car fairly priced! More pics in ad...

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/7567154978.html

First series Chrysler Windsor Highlander Convertible.
I have owned this car for about 6 to 7 years.Maybe longer just don’t remember. The car was restored prior to my ownership. I added Diamond Classic Radial tires.
New battery and brakes. The car always starts, runs great and very dependable.
Top works, all gauges work, even the TipTop trans shifts correctly.

email:  faf33dc34f173247924e7c17fe880d5e@sale.craigslist.org 

00M0M_iQARIv0J1bDz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00O0O_pAB1hh8LUDz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00c0c_2j19oZzpwstz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg01717_cAtznmsTtuez_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00L0L_i0vEkRkVaHoz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00101_4VtlHbRPfQMz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, marty14 said:

sure looks like a 1948 model to me..............

The 1949 redesign was delayed, so they issued a "first series" of 1949 models, which in fact were just the '46-'48 model.   So this is correctly identified as a "first series" 1949.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Seems like a pretty good buy.  Unfortunately its the early style.  Boy it would be really sharp and seem even more of a deal if it was the late style.  A little better color wouldn't hurt.  A darker hue would really make the chrome pop. 

I owned a 49 2nd series. I prefer the 46-49 1/2 style.  The 49 2nd series probably looks the same as a convertible though.  But otherwise was a Keller square box of a style.  Engineers ruled Chrysler at the time. 

35 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I prefer the Box to the bloated whale look,  especially in this color. 

Ouch!   But you could name it Moby Dick! 😄

I know I am like a broken record on these cars, but they are wonderfully dependable and well-engineered. This looks like a good deal to me.

Edited by neil morse (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, auburnseeker said:

Seems like a pretty good buy.  Unfortunately its the early style.  Boy it would be really sharp and seem even more of a deal if it was the late style.  A little better color wouldn't hurt.  A darker hue would really make the chrome pop. 

The color isn't great, but not horrible.  Think of the abominations we see daily on here.  I do think the whitewalls are not helping the color.

• Like 1

Remember the cars always look way better in person than in pictures. And this one looks good in pictures. I have a 55 Imperial that is close to the same color and the chrome shows very well against it. I do prefer darker colors but this color is richer than you might think.

• Like 1