Red neck tool box suggestions

For Christmas I thought I'd put together a red neck tool box for my son in law.I thought of putting duct tape,wire,j b weld,a set of vice grips and channel lock pliers.It even has a drawer that I lined with Styrofoam for a few beer cans.Can anyone think of something else it needs? I found the tool box by the road that was being thrown out, it's old but not in bad shape,no manufacturers markings.Thanks.

Edited by Buick35
Add more text. (see edit history)

Every redneck tool box needs SealAll to do quick leaks. Got me through a lot of early repairs. Fixed one gas line and a couple of gas tanks over the years. 

61eYqu+hdcL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Smeltzer said:

All tool boxes need bailing wire/ tie wire and a pair of plyers, fuses,a used rag electrical tape and always some bandaids

Who needs bandaids when you have a used rag and electrical tape?   Be honest how many of you have used that before? Especially when you were more concerned about getting blood on something than keeping dirt out of the wound. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

How about this for a "tool box"?

The Home Depot Part # 05GHDPR1300 - The Home Depot 5 Gal. Home Depot Pro  Bucket - Painting Tools & Accessories - Home Depot Pro

Yeah the perfect tool box.  Everything you need will be in the bottom underneath everything you don't.  When trying to figure out what you need for a tool and holding the project over the toolbox,  something small will fall into it, that you have no idea what it even looks like so you will spend the next hour going through it trying to figure out what fell out. 

As a bonus it's completely waterproof.  If you get caught with it ,out in the rain,  no water will leak out and everything inside will rust.   

Good part is it's very inexpensive or even free in many cases,  so you can just throw it away with the rusted pile of junk inside that used to be your tools and start over. ;) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Yeah the perfect tool box.  Everything you need will be in the bottom underneath everything you don't.  When trying to figure out what you need for a tool and holding the project over the toolbox,  something small will fall into it, that you have no idea what it even looks like so you will spend the next hour going through it trying to figure out what fell out. 

As a bonus it's completely waterproof.  If you get caught with it ,out in the rain,  no water will leak out and everything inside will rust.   

Good part is it's very inexpensive or even free in many cases,  so you can just throw it away with the rusted pile of junk inside that used to be your tools and start over. ;) 

I know people that the bucket is what they used all of the time.

I will admit that I use a bucket when I go the salvage yard because it is easy to carry or put on a two wheeler cart.  I empty it out every time I get home and put all of the tools away in their correct place.  As my grandmother used to say, " A place for everything and everything in it's place".

• Like 3

A hip flask filled with Ancient Age or other cheap beverage of choice is an essential...

Just before Thanksgiving 1994 I finally got the 1925 Pierce 80 sedan barn find running well enough for a run to see my friend Schultz at his shop, a Point of Hysterical Interest as his sign said, accompanied by my good friend Leo visiting for the holiday from out of state .  As we arrived at Schultz's Shadetree Motors, hairballs from the tank had clogged the fuel system, permitting only progress at high idle in a very lean condition.  With limited time, we were able to get only a small amount dislodged.  Schultz stuffed a red shop towel into half the openings in the carb's air horn to richen the mixture, albeit reducing the amount of air, now allowing up to 25 mph.  Schultz produced a celebratory pint of Old Forester and we all partook.  Got the car home and Did It Right as I should have done the first time but I'd wanted to give Leo a ride.

A couple of weeks later, Leo sent me a package from Atlanta to commemorate the event:  a small vintage doctor's bag made of faux alligator, containing a pint of Old Forester and four red shop towels, with an engraved plastic tag on the handle reading "Pierce-Arrow Emergency Kit."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5