Kind of scary in the junkyard today

junkyardjeff

Kind of windy in Ohio today but did not let that keep me from going,well while I was getting the wiper switch out of a 65 LTD 4 door hard top I heard two trees fall so I went to look at the cars in the more open areas for the other parts I needed.  No parts to be found there and wanted to to the back lot that is more wooded but cut the trip short.  Lots of old trees in that junkyard and many have fallen in the last few years and one tree fell and killed a cow they had so will try again another day.

46 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Moo-cow in a junkyard? 

Probably helps to keep down the grass, and saves costs on feeding the stock-

I've seen goats as well

We used to tether goats at our cotton gin property to a 50 pound scale test weight, 25 foot chain.  Nicest fifty foot diameter of mowed grass you ever saw.

What we didn’t take into account was the poor neighborhood surrounding our property. A couple of goats disappeared on weekends, coincidentally there were some bar-b-cues in the neighborhood those same weekends.

We finally gave up on the goat idea….

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I used to live near a couple farmers who were lifelong buddies.  One had a mule that was more a pet than anything.  One day they decided to cut a dead tree near a fence before it fell.  They calculated all the angles so it would miss the fence.  Sure enough, it did...and killed the mule.

Back in the day I had a mechanic working in the shop, he asked if he could have the next day off as he needed to remove some very old tree's in his yard close to his house, and his close friend had a tree removal service was going to help him. Later the next day he called in and said he would need several more days off, because he and his friend when taking down the tree, his good friend the tree "expert" when cutting the angle in the tree, the mechanic thought he was cutting the angle the wrong way, and when he told the tree "expert" the expert said I don't tell you how to fix a car do I, at that time the tree started to come down and landed on the roof of the house and now he had a big hole in the roof, as the tree " expert" and very good friend jumped in his truck and drove away, and would not RETURN the phone calls from the mechanic.Then it started to rain.

Bob