So, What did you find at Hershey this year???

Terry Bond

Debated starting this thread under the "Memorabilia" section because I know a load of great automobilia turns up there every year. But, since there will be pieces and parts also, I think it's certainly a great HERSHEY conversation.  I'll start off with just a few of my favorite discoveries in the flea market this year, some found in the rain early in the week.  How about some neat spark plugs -  thanks to a forum member who helped me out with these!  Great wall-hangers came home too.  And of course, some great watch fobs!.  Cant resist some nice brass either - thanks to Walt for helping the collection grow. Always enjoy a visit with him.  More to come-

Terry

Plugs found 1.jpg

Plugs found 2.jpg

Prlint-the automobile girl.jpg

Fobs from Hershey.jpg

Brass lamps from Hershey 2022.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Glad you put this thread here Terry. 

Some of our finds, a "special order" used car sign from David Coco, who was initially keeping the one "Packard" placard for himself, from his period sign kit.  Then he messages out of the blue and says if you want it I can part with it. 😊 

Not convinced David is one of the nicest guys on this forum? He hauled up about a million pounds of CCCA magazines for me and wouldn't take a dime.  MInly though, it was nice meeting the Cocos this year!

Some other finds, spare vacuum cannister for the vac power convertible top on the Packard, mint headlight rings and some related paper, a brochure, owner's manual for that car.  A few Model A small parts and one MB ash tray.  All in all a success - hope others fared well also.

20221011_113552.jpg

• Like 2

I rescued some Ford and Dodge literature from the rains - later bought a nice 1937 Buick shop manual. 

Bought an old model  Mack fire engine, 2022 Meet t-shirt & bumper sticker, some delicious food and some Museum gift shop and Chocolate World items too.

Think that's about it - oh there was plenty to buy - I was just better behaved this trip!

Drove our 1966 Oldsmobile F85 from Virginia and entered in DPC - that was fun too.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADQ3MWY4OGY1LTQ2OWEtNDdjZi04YmEyLTgxZmNkNzYzMzU2NwBGAAAAAABwCyKdA2FOSaZ4yYEpo%2F%2B8BwBkVIGaQJ7KQq4j4TGzFRrDAAAAAAEMAADBmWPx7boZR5Z8nKVDSsa2AAB4CN4zAAABEgAQANcuL%2BQvDx1OhEvUPbO694s%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkQ4OThGN0RDMjk2ODQ1MDk1RUUwREZGQ0MzODBBOTM5NjUwNDNFNjQiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiIySmozM0Nsb1JRbGU0Tl84dzRDcE9XVUVQbVEifQ.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.JOX-iSMCXKUx7wg0owGwkHU5xrz3e70osiDa7SOGS6jhlLUP6ZZYX4C7d-BaPt50UZPo-4HjBdzvor3mw3ChR4A035LBF3vrFJR1xsoZ7I5zy5GAluxwy5INlCVxi0knx5Z0O7EGV0bmQmcjPAHMLk70PaZ-gGOyZAvgDO5Rf5I4RPGCFzOzIsbchl3Mk2JCG2c3DAjCslJ-kKx2LxyVN_OPN8RBQBzTa1LFFNNtYYlnVtswF6ueRLEi0YSzAc9ph4dQFI5yzB0QqStH9prq7jF-CYYFiiNpzelu7772oZ1Pcdy9fJHx4eIbSqFPfUff0r8Scqo_GYT5QTqbZQiwUg&X-OWA-CANARY=YNNDGge4D0mLHGUVzPOk3ACJria3q9oYImWPISse6ov4qEKSw2smwH0X2LZrDZ24FieUIwJIclo.&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=20220930003.13&animation=true

It was good to see you Terry, and so many others this year at Hershey!  That's my best "find" is the smiles and conversations. :)

But, I also got some literature for my 95 Caprice Wagon, my 90 454SS truck and GMC Syclone & Typhoon literature.  

I'm working on a CJE on Chevy/GMC Performance trucks of the 90's, so this literature, along with the documents I've received from the library, will help me get this completed :) (If anyone has any literature or documents on 1990-93 Chevy 454SS trucks (That I don't already have), or on the 1991-92 GMC Syclone and Typhoon, I'll gladly take scans of them :)

Here's a photo of my Hershey haul.  Nothing particularly valuable or rare.  There was a gentleman in the Red field with a very nice and complete Splitdorf dual ignition coil box, but he wanted $750.00 for it, too rich for my blood.  :)

Update - the exact same box showed up on Ebay a few months later for $600.00, so I went ahead and bought it.  There was no key, but I already had an extra key for it.  :)

parts_haul.JPG

Edited by cudaman (see edit history)
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

It was good to see you Terry, and so many others this year at Hershey!  That's my best "find" is the smiles and conversations. :)

But, I also got some literature for my 95 Caprice Wagon, my 90 454SS truck and GMC Syclone & Typhoon literature.  

I'm working on a CJE on Chevy/GMC Performance trucks of the 90's, so this literature, along with the documents I've received from the library, will help me get this completed :) (If anyone has any literature or documents on 1990-93 Chevy 454SS trucks (That I don't already have), or on the 1991-92 GMC Syclone and Typhoon, I'll gladly take scans of them :)

Sorry I dont have any valuable information, but just wanted to comment on the 454SS. I knew a guy that bought one brand new. Hardly drove it over the years, just enough to keep it running good. Beautiful vehicle. There was one for sale locally not too long ago but I already have way too much stuff right now, didnt bother to look at it.

• Thanks 1

A few pins also came home with me this year -

Not sure what the date n the Packard Mechanic pin is - any guesses?   Crawford cufflink is interesting, with advertising on the back.  Franklin fob is a rarity.  Others include a nice Marmon 78/68.  Believe this would date from 1928, year those models were introduced (I think).  Found more small stuff this year than usual.

Terry

Misc pins.jpg

Franklion Fob.jpg

More fobs.jpg

Crawford cufflink back.jpg

• Like 3

I didn't walk around much at all , we are up in the very NE corner of the Red Field. But I always have to come back with at least some treasure to mark the year .

What you see here is a great circa 1912 Chase sales catalog I got in a trade/$ deal with my friend Terry B. Love this, it has me thinking of a story to write about that already ! ( story ideas never ever cease) the radiator caps are all threaded and I bought from Greg Hammer, thanks Greg!  and are really cool. now I have more "bases" to mount the radiator ornaments in my collection to. The eagle mascot I bought back from my friend Matt who lives about 3 miles from me. Sold it to him when he owned a Peerless which he no longer owns as he is now a KB Lincoln owner. the art deco toy truck I found in an antique barn mall just south of Hershey . Great to add things to ones collection of collections BUT the best thing of all about the Hershey experience is the people.

I still have my first item bought at Hershey in 1965 ! a brass bail handle sidelight made by Neverout. At that time a real "antique" car to me had brass lamps. I eventually restored the lamp and told my parents a fib about what I paid for it. It was marked $12 at the time, I paid 8.00 for it and told my parents I paid $6.00.  Hey I was still in high school and it took my weekly allowance and some of the lunch money I had to buy it for that $8.00 . 😇

Walt

Hersheyfinds2022.jpg

• Like 6

Greg it was a pleasure, and the treasures I got from you will be most welcome , I am so happy. As is my good buddy Matt who was so very happy to get the wire wheels for his Lincoln. That is a really magnificent model a Ford sedan you got. Really excellent proportions and the close coupled look is one of my favorites.

Walt

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Sorry I dont have any valuable information, but just wanted to comment on the 454SS. I knew a guy that bought one brand new. Hardly drove it over the years, just enough to keep it running good. Beautiful vehicle. There was one for sale locally not too long ago but I already have way too much stuff right now, didnt bother to look at it.

I've had my 90 for almost 28 years :)  I'm the 2nd owner

• Like 1

I found this Panhard & Levassor double-sided porcelain sign, roughly 42" in diameter. Panhard et Levassor was a well known early higher-end French automobile manufacturer. Pre-war production of the Panhard et Levassor ceased in 1940, and  the name was shortened to Panhard when production resumed after the war. So the sign dates to at least 1940, and, more than likely, the mid-thirties. Amazing that it survived the hostilities of the war. Only at Hershey!

IMG_7629.jpg

Edited by car crazy (see edit history)
  • Like 4