For Sale:  1957 Nash Ambassador Super Country Club 2dr Hardtop - Ambitious Project - $5,000 - Denver, CO - Not Mine - SOLD!!! Going to Europe!

For Sale: 1957 Nash Ambassador Super Country Club 2dr Hardtop - Ambitious Project - $5,000 - Denver, CO SOLD!!!  Going to Europe!

1957 Nash ambassador country club - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1957 Nash ambassador country club no title been sitting since 1988 super straight and complete great candidate for restoration missing radiator engine parts and hood hinges very rare car only 997 made would make awesome resto mod one-of-a-kind trades considered call or text or email me

Copy and paste in your email: 98cd62610d91366e86af1cc1343aa83b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1957 Nash Ambassador Super Country Club 2dr Hardtop - Ambitious Project

Note: This Nash Ambassador is the lower-level trim Super with only the one lightning streak side moldings.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states only 608 were built.

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO a.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO b.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO c.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO d.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO e.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO f.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO g.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO h.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO i.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO j.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO k.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO l.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO m.jpg

'57 Nash ambassador country club CO n.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD!!! Going to Europe! Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The Pinin Farina restyle for 1952 is something people either love or hate.  Since these are not popular collector cars, I would have to say most people don't like it.  Aside from the nasty upholstery, it looks like a solid car.  I hope someone restores it.  

21 hours ago, supercub said:

When they added all of that V styling it really made them ugly. This one is too trashed to be a worthwhile project. Unless it was free and one already had an engine to put in it.

Supercub:

Your 1955 Hudson is the cleanest, most attractive of the Kenosha Hudsons and for my taste the most appealing styling applied to the 1952-'57 AirFlite body series.

Steve

Edited by 58L-Y8
spelling (see edit history)

Thanks Steve, yes I think it is a looker. Especially with the filigree grill. It looks better now with the Firestone Cockers, taller, as it should. 

I looked at a V8 Hornet before buying the Wasp, it purred like a kitten, so quiet. It was a little more pricey than my budget limit.

20201101_131756.jpg

Edited by supercub (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'd never guessed that a Nash would have had canted, stacked, quad headlamps! A very interesting look. I like the gold and white Hudson, it reminds me of a generic, made up model used in a magazine ad where they didn't want to use an actual production car. Oil and tire companies used these generic type depictions all the time. If you squinted you might be able to figure out which production car it was based on. Any of these cars wouldn't likely be seen at the local cars and coffee. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, edselalbert said:

bought the Nash and it's on his way to europe.

Thank you for rescuing this rare car!

In the United States, it must have been unappreciated,

since someone left it outside to deteriorate.

Please let us know when you get it, and let us know

about your work to restore it.  The Nash Car Club of

America may be helpful to you:

http://www.nashcarclub.org/

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale:  1957 Nash Ambassador Super Country Club 2dr Hardtop - Ambitious Project - $5,000 - Denver, CO - Not Mine - SOLD!!! Going to Europe!
3 hours ago, edselalbert said:

bought the Nash and it,s on his way to europe.

Hope to get it running ,driving again .

Wish me luck :)

Thanks for telling us and saving this rare car!!!  Always glad to hear one of the cars we repost here has found a new, appreciative owner.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, edselalbert said:

bought the Nash and it,s on his way to europe.

Hope to get it running ,driving again .

Wish me luck :)

I wish you luck also , as i am in Europe and there is no single part of these cars in Europe .You really must be crazy about this model otherwise i cannot understand .Its the same price to ship a car that needs everything than a nice car that you can drive the next day .I know you will be the only one with such car here .I hope to see it one day here in Europe .

• Like 1

Daniel

I think you,re right but from a car of which 608 build it,s hard to find the second for sale and this is a real nice base to start and yess parts are a problem in europe but with a little patience and luck everything can be found (i hope).

Looking forward to see the car coming and take my time to collect parts and material .

I think one of the big challenges will be the interior to find the right upholstery ,but time will tell. 

i think i,ll park him next to this older brother :)

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 15.55.49.jpeg

Edited by edselalbert (see edit history)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, edselalbert said:

...I think one of the big challenges will be the interior to find the right upholstery, but time will tell. 

SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon (U. S. A.) is the premier

source for authentic upholstery material for cars.

I don't know whether they have what you need.

However, I understand that they can also make fabrics

for special orders.

People in the Nash club will be good sources of knowledge

and parts, too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

Thank you for rescuing this rare car!

In the United States, it must have been unappreciated,

since someone left it outside to deteriorate.

Please let us know when you get it, and let us know

about your work to restore it.  The Nash Car Club of

America may be helpful to you:

http://www.nashcarclub.org/

The Nash finally arrived what a journey,cleaned  the upholstery and it turned out to be white:) ,engine is turning very well hope to get it running soon

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-26 at 13.35.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-26 at 13.32.40 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-26 at 13.32.40 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-26 at 13.32.40 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-26 at 13.32.40.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-26 at 13.32.39.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-26 at 13.32.38 (2).jpeg

• Like 4