Painted lanes on street cause confusion

Looks like some bright young traffic control engineer 🤡 started celebrating Tequila Day a little early. Surprised they're not excusing it as a "traffic calming" feature.

In my experience, most traffic calming features contribute to road rage.

Just be glad they didn't install badly programmed traffic lights to go with the wiggly lines!🚦🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Twisted Shifter said:

Please explain your comment for those of us who are humor challenged or sober.

Think he is referring to the Hollister riot of 1947

image.jpeg.48b154805869d10d61622bb7c8833b80.jpegHollister A Flash Sales, 58% OFF | www.ingeniovirtual.comBikers Inner Circle Preservation Fund on GoFundMe - $920 raised by 19  people in 2 months. | Harley bobber, Vintage motorcycle photos, Motorcycle  eventsHollister Motorcycle Riot News Photo - Getty Images

The movie "Wild one" was based on that town takeover and riot.

The Wild One

On 7/24/2022 at 10:39 AM, Pete O said:

Also, just think what those lines would do to a self driving car!

My F150 detected a large paint spill at a long running road construction project and immediately bumped me off "lane keeper" after a brief swerve.  The Ford lane keeper system sort of self drives when on cruise control, but is not a full self driving car.  Lane keeper maintains the lane with hands-off, the set speed on cruise control and distancing from the car in front.  It won't stop for lights and has a watchful sensor built into the A pillar to detect eyes in a forward position.