Pierce Arrow Society 2022 Annual Meet.

edinmass

1 hour ago, Milburn Drysdale said:

Ed,

So far which is your favorite car at the meet? 

Milton Hershey’s 48 horsepower open drive limo. 

51BC93DD-2D43-4F52-9782-AD946C3C7380.jpeg

• Like 1

Dinner tonight at a private museum. The definition of obsessive compulsive collecting………a most impressive display of oil and gasoline I have ever seen. A unique property that is hard to describe. Todays lunch stop was impossible to beat……..until we came to dinner…….enjoy……….they will be hard to follow as the museum is about fifteen different buildings. 

Eh…….yea, what Ed said. What is the earliest car touring?  The youngest?

Is there an appreciable difference in their performance under these somewhat controlled conditions?

And could a 1912 48 hp keep up?

Same in 66 hp?

I’m shuttling a 1952 RR to Rochester this week because the owner was able 

to get a berth in the barn due to the gathering out Ed’s way……

Jim Mead

Owego, NY

2 hours ago, prewarnut said:

I was wondering the same thing...Noise insulation?

I will ask and report back………Ed

Hi, Ed!  Enjoying the photos!  I saw an Exide battery rack similar to one I picked up recently.  

On the Milton Hershey Pierce, are the cowl lights "Frenched" in?  Hard to tell from the angle of the photo...  Thanks!  Greg

Edited by 63RedBrier (see edit history)

It was real. If I had waited for my turn to come around with the public school I would have been a senior when I got my license. I took a private class offered through Montgomery Ward to get my license. I did get it mid way through 10th grade. Looking back it was way WRONG,  but I was legal to buy beer and wine when I was a senior in HS. I turned 18 in Feb.!

• Like 2

I was able to buy beer when I was in the fifth grade………..of course I was 18 at the time………..

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

I was able to buy beer when I was in the fifth grade………..of course I was 18 at the time………..

There was a bar in South Louisiana, Shep's....I was there often (in the 1960's one could get a driver's license at 15, I was driving my 1925 Dodge Brothers coupe to Junior High when they had no place for "student parking.

At Shep's, in Mansura, Louisiana, my father's hometown, if one could put a quarter on the high bar, one could get a beer.  That's not an exaggeration at all, dat's da truth, mon cher........and next time you see me, ask me to speak to you like my father spoke to me...at the time, Cajun was a derogatory term, now, it's a badge of honor...interesting...

• Like 4

We better get this back on topic or we are all going to be in jail (banned in forum terminology) for being overages drinkers. 
Ed, are you driving your car or are you on the so called job? 
dave s 

• Like 1

I'm late to the discussion because I had the usual 333 Things Needing Immediate Attention after I returned from the Meet.  We had excellent turnout in terms of people count and car count given (1) the price of fuel, (2) the COVID variant surge in CA, and (3) inflation.  On the last issue, our room rate was locked in about two years ago due to the diligence of our Meet planners.

This year the Bernie Weis Award (Best of Show) was a tie between the 1909 36-UU demi-tonneau owned by Vaughn Vartanian and the 1933 Model 1242 (V-12, 142" wb) convertible sedan owned by the forum's own @Bob Jacobsen.  Photos attached.

Ed, thanks for photo of Mochi the maltypoo in my 1930 roadster, even though he has a hangdog look about him there.  This was his first PAS Meet but he has participated in two Modoc tours.  I'm adding an interesting photo of him in the roadster mirror taken by my official photographer Annie.

As luck would have it, my roadster suffered a stuck thermostat one mile into the first day's tour, so I added water and limped back to hotel, dropped trailer, and drove the truck.  That evening, I removed the t'stat and assured that the water pump was functioning correctly, and we drove the roadster the next two days without issue.

1909 36UU.jpg

1933 1242 conv sdn.jpg

Mochi in rdstr mirror.jpg

Mochi at Modoc 2020.jpg

Edited by Grimy (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2