Got your "Crankshaft" magazine yet?

f.f.jones

Regarding Richard Lentinello's publication, Crankshaft, has anyone received their fourth issue yet? I know there has been pandemic related delays, complicated by a move to Tennessee, but it seems to me issue 4 is somewhat past due, as was issue 3. Being "out west" may have something to do with it. I emailed them asking when I might expect delivery, however there has been no response. Am I just over-anxious, or does someone know if there is there a problem?

https://www.crankshaftmagazine.com

I was waiting on line with Richard for most of the hour of the cocktail hour at the Grand National last Saturday and told me it was at the printer and will be out shortly. He and I have a lot in common, and were joking about our childhood experiences. He grew up in Brooklyn, I The Bronx, it made a long wait go fast!

• Like 2

Crankshaft issue #4 has just been sent to the printer, but there's still a paper supply issue we're dealing with. However, we hope to have the magazine printed and mailed sometime during the later part of June. We also had a delay with two stories due to photography issues; that set us back one month. Sorry for the delay folks, but I know you're going to enjoy this issus as much as the previous three issues. Your patience is sincerely appreciated. RL

• Like 8

Thank you for the update.

I had hoped to ask while we were at the Zenith Awards ceremony a week ago at the AACA Grand Nationals in Virginia Beach. The huge crowd in the Zenith tent made any contact difficult. We had spoken many times previously, both being interested in, and having owned similar cars over the years, as well as our shared Brooklyn experience, you in Park Slope as I recall, and my family and relatives in East New York Ave and also Empire Blvd. between Albany and Utica Avenues back in the 1940s, many years later moving to Middle Village and Bayside, Queens, and then farther out on Long Island.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, John348 said:

I was waiting on line with Richard for most of the hour of the cocktail hour at the Grand National last Saturday and told me it was at the printer and will be out shortly. He and I have a lot in common, and were joking about our childhood experiences. He grew up in Brooklyn, I The Bronx, it made a long wait go fast!

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Thank you for the update.

I had hoped to ask while we were at the Zenith Awards ceremony a week ago at the AACA Grand Nationals in Virginia Beach. The huge crowd in the Zenith tent made any contact difficult. We had spoken many times previously, both being interested in, and having owned similar cars over the years, as well as our shared Brooklyn experience, you in Park Slope as I recall, and my family and relatives in East New York Ave and also Empire Blvd. between Albany and Utica Avenues back in the 1940s, many years later moving to Middle Village and Bayside, Queens, and then farther out on Long Island.

Hey Richard, the Brooklyn and Bronx guys are coming out for you. 😎 We got your back. 😇 Marty, I grew up in East Flatbush by Meyer Levin J.H.S. & Tilden H.S right by Beverly and Clarendon Roads. Just a few blocks from Ralph Avenue. Late 50's - 1960's through the early 80's. I knew your area well. Had family by Empire on Kings Hwy and My dad had a Childrens clothing factory by Empire Blvd.

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)

Richard have you thought about a renewal notice being sent with this issue? If you are poly-bagging place the label on the form so it goes back to you so you can update your records to the new expire date for those that do renew. Cleanest way to keep records straight and also correct any that may have an address change without duplicating and records. I assume you have a current expire date and start date as I’m sure you’ve had new starts each issue. You don’t want a lapse in service where you are sending out back issues first class. You can PM me if you want to discuss. 
dave s 

I just subscribed to Crankshaft about 3 weeks ago and received the first 3 issues within days. Richard and his small but very talented and experienced staff have done a spectacular job on this magazine. In my opinion it is THE best automotive publication on the market. The writing, photography and design are all top shelf. For such a small group of people to put out such quality publication is impressive. Whenever the next issue arrives I am sure it will be worth the wait. 

Martin Cooke

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/28/2022 at 4:32 PM, philip roitman said:

Hey Richard, the Brooklyn and Bronx guys are coming out for you. 😎 We got your back. 😇 Marty, I grew up in East Flatbush by Meyer Levin J.H.S. & Tilden H.S right by Beverly and Clarendon Roads. Just a few blocks from Ralph Avenue. Late 50's - 1960's through the early 80's. I knew your area well. Had family by Empire on Kings Hwy and My dad had a Childrens clothing factory by Empire Blvd.

Hi Phillip,

Yes, more memories of the "old" neighborhoods.

My Dad's folks had been on Bristol Street during my youngest days,

but by around 1950 they moved to East 21St Street, between Ave N and Avenue O -

Just a short walk from the intersection of Kings Highway and Ocean Avenue.

We often headed that way to catch the "EL" to Coney Island where they had membership at Brighton Baths - It felt like an in-city Country Club.

Their next-door neighbor had a niece who was a famous (and voluptuous) actress - Jill St John, and their son bought a brand new 1958 Impala with the 348 ci and air suspension.

Other family on that side stayed in Bedford-Stuyvesant through the 1960s.

Some of my Dad's family came back to NYC after WWII, returned to their roots in the Middle Village section of Queens, got their education on the GI Bill, and moved to California.

I reconnected a few years ago with parts of that group when we drove our '54 Caddy convertible on a 10,xxx mile, 3-month trip to judge and tour parts of the west coast and the rockies.

• Like 2

“Got you Crankshaft yet ?”

Well, I had hoped to have it, along with the rest of my engine components, back from the machine shop by now, but… ☹️

Fingers crossed for this week.

It already cost me over two month in unexpected delays and countless calls/emails to find a good replacement for the original(?) one I’ve driving with over 30 years without knowing it having been poorly repaired/welded before my ownership and apparently had developed  “a big a**” crack right next to that old/questionable repair weld. 
When I finally found a guy who had several, I promptly bought two. 🤔

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TTR said:

“Got you Crankshaft yet ?”

Well, I had hoped to have it, along with the rest of my engine components, back from the machine shop by now, but… ☹️

Fingers crossed for this week.

It already cost me over two month in unexpected delays and countless calls/emails to find a good replacement for the original(?) one I’ve driving with over 30 years without knowing it having been poorly repaired/welded before my ownership and apparently had developed  “a big a**” crack right next to that old/questionable repair weld. 
When I finally found a guy who had several, I promptly bought two. 🤔

Magazines or un-named mystery parts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ford Fan said:

Magazines or un-named mystery parts?

No "mystery parts" here.

Although some went on to discuss/post about their long ago stomping grounds, I thought this topic was specifically about crankshaft(s) and whether I or anyone else has received theirs yet ? 😉

As for "Magazines", I got boxes and boxes of them, some subscriptions going back 40+ years, most still unread and in their original shipping sleeves.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Got your "Crankshaft" magazine yet?
17 hours ago, Walt G said:

Can we stray back to the topic?

What's the fun in that ?

Even without my input, most topics on discussion forums like this tend to veer off pretty quickly, so I thought I try and contribute... 😉

• Like 1