Hood side panels.

Xander Wildeisen

Do not know who Swear57 is? I did see cash, folded in half. Not sure what was going down? I was on a quest for a tail light lens, no time to linger. Walked the track twice to look at both sides. Some shady looking individuals at the track. Spotted this guy there. Thought they might be looking for me.😲

IMG_20220331_120601405_HDR.jpg

• Haha 3

These hood sides are tough, they surely don't appear in Jim Maloney's book of American cars 1930-1942. Truck maybe? no luck there either. 

Unlike most sides of that type, there's no lockdown mechanism, instead, gravity and the hood hold them in place. 

• Like 1

Despite being an unknown so far as application, they are really nice looking! would make a really great wall decoration . Yes, I know I usually think out of the box a bit - hey I taught art for 40+ years.....................🙃

With that hookup for the air intake Something is making me think truck.  Of course could be something foreign then all bets are off.  Way too many makes. 

You know you would have a wall if you just learned to grease the sticky wheels at the top and be quiet about it.  Nobody likes a rebel that goes against group think. ;) 

If you have never seen it,  watch the movie Hot Fuzz.  Free on Tubi right now.  I think you will be able to relate to some of it.  If you like British humor all the better. 

54 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

is 37 Chrysler Airflow a possibility?

47 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Airflows do not have hood sides, do they?

The Airflow does not have separate hood sides and the Airflow trim tapers down front to rear whereas the items in question do not seem to be tapered.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2