1955 roadmaster

NC-car-guy

Just got this car running again.   It is not mine.  Owner reports that when it was last on the road you had to start off in low gear and get up to speed then pull it to drive but you could not start off in drive. Clearly it is a no current condition to take on the road but yard testing it I have low in reverse but it does not want to go anywhere when I put it in Drive. Fluid appears good. Are there any adjustments I can try or does it just need a transmission. 

• Like 1

Now has a rechromed lower front bumper, grille, propeller bar, and filler pan.  Gotta get the rechromed rear bumper on, them check the trans and motor mounts. Still looking for hood hinges bolts too.  Owner found the title so she'll be on sale soon.

20220403_162652_HDR.jpg

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NC-car-guy said:

So enough back and forth shifting and she magically goes in Drive.  I'll still install the new mounts.

20220410_151900_HDR.jpg

Better be careful.  It may think it has found a permanent home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, old-tank said:

Yikes.  Check the engine mounts and then adjust the shift linkage as outlined in the service manual.  Early 55 dynaflows did not have a internal stop for the reverse so you can override the shifting.

Not my car.  I took this on to help someone out.  It starts drives and stops.  That's done in my book.  Whoever buys it is going to have to do a full restoration anyway there's no point in me wasting more of my time on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

$8500 obo.  

Runs/drives/ stops. Clean title.  Newly chromed front bumper, rear bumper, grille, grille splash pan, and grille propeller ornament. Rebuilt fuel pump, new transmission mounts, pertronix ignition, new brakes (7 years old but less than 25 miles). 

Needs floor pans, rockers, upholstery, and hood hinge bolts.

• Like 1