1939 Chevy Coupe $25K Might not be stock color

Why Why Why?

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/thousand-oaks-1939-chevy-coupe/7448200609.html

1939 Chevy Coupe
3-Speed tranny on the floor
6-cylinder stock 235 Chevy engine

Car is a "survivor" and has been garaged.

***Please call Frank if interested/if you have any questions***(805) 889-0507

100x0x_jpDVFduckg8z_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_12vWuyYZzvwz_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_42NLl0TI6RHz_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg

My buddy went through a rral tough time with VCCA judges on his green 39 Chevy with a hint of metallic.  He was able to prove it was indeed correct for thirty nine.  Now pretty much known and accepted.  However, I think those judges would likely prevail in calling this one out... 😁😁

• Like 1

it's a very undesirable color and it's going to hold it back. Most buyers will want to re-paint it. 25K is a reach...

1 hour ago, deac said:

it's a very undesirable color and it's going to hold it back. Most buyers will want to re-paint it. 25K is a reach...

The engine might be "stock" but it's not original. '39's came with a 216, not a 235.

I guess the seller gets points for not dropping in a SBC. But not nearly 25K points.

• Like 1

Or you could buy my friend's 38 in original Oshawa Blue for $18500 Canadian. About $10k less than asking for the pink one. I've been trying to persuade him to paint the black fenders to match body color. But he bought this from the original owners nephew, who had the fenders repainted at one time due to dents and he wants to leave it like that.

wcat etc 057.jpg

Edited by Ed Luddy (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

Or you could buy my friend's 38 in original Oshawa Blue for $18500 Canadian. About $10k less than asking for the pink one. I've been trying to persuade him to paint the black fenders to match body color. But he bought this from the original owners nephew, who had the fenders repainted at one time due to dents and he wants to leave it like that.

wcat etc 057.jpg

That blue is a popular color on these Chevys.  Looks nice, Ed.  These cars look nice in 2 door sedan form.  While they should match the body, the look is not horrible really.  Seems very reasonably priced.

6 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

I would lose the visor before I worried too much about fender colors.  More stability at speeds over 75 mph... 😁😁

The only way this is doing over 75 MPH is going over Niagara Falls on it's way to New York!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JFranklin said:

I read somewhere that Canadian Chevrolets kept the color bodies and black fenders longer than in the USA.

You are probably right. I would repaint to match the body and lose the visor, but not my car.