For Sale: 1937 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW IMPERIAL CAR SHOW READY VERY RARE - $29,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Not Mine -SOLD!

For Sale: 1937 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW IMPERIAL CAR SHOW READY VERY RARE - $29,995 - Harrisonville, MO - SOLD!

1937 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW IMPERIAL CAR SHOW READY VERY RARE - cars &... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Selling a 1937 Chrysler Airflow Imperial. The odometer is showing right at 22,6XX miles, but I venture to say it has 122,6XX miles in actuality.  Vin 7023233. 323 cubic inch straight 8 Engine making 115hp.
It will run comfortably at 75mph down the highway for long periods of time. These cars have been known to drive to coast-to-coast multiple times. There is actually a group of guys that still take these cars coast-to-coast every year. There were 4,370 made in 1937. This car has four-wheel hydraulic brakes with a vacuum power booster, so stopping this car is extremely easy to do. It runs and drives awesome. This is a car you can hop in and drive. Take your whole family as well. Very fun to drive! It is an older restoration but shows very well. The paint has imperfections here and there, but overall, in very good shape. The interior is very clean as well. Nothing is out of place and all the gauges work. Clean title in hand.  Thanks for your time. $29,995

Copy and paste in your email: 899a5224b827364cac2feb77a43c876f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1937 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW IMPERIAL.

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO a.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO b.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO c.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO d.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO e.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO f.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO g.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO h.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO i.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO j.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO k.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO l.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO m.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO n.jpg

'37 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW MO o.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD!!! (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Anything but a 1934 Airflow is shockingly affordable. Very hard for me to lay off all the bargain Airflows while I have a pile of Lincoln to finish. This one actually seems a little expensive for what it is--a '37 with incorrect interior, some poorly matched paint, and no engine photos (which I assume means it's scruffy). I think I'd like a '35 Imperial just because the spare tire is still outside, it has overdrive, and it has the beautiful interior with the tubular seat frames, but it's more affordable than a '34. That said, I do like the look of the '37s as much as any of them, it's just not quite as dramatic.

And do I really need another big 4-door sedan with rounded corners like this?

• Like 2

I prefer the exterior look of the '34 and its tubular framed seats and the fender mounted spare wheel, though the '36&37 dash is amazingly art deco, love every bit of it, especially the wood grain version, like this one. Interestingly, my '36 Airstream has the spare on the fender but the Airflow does not.

ps, just realized that none of the Airflows have the spare in the fender....lol

Edited by maok (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Having owned a 1936 C9 Airflow with aluminum head and power brakes, I can say these cars are among my favorite cars of all time.  

I also did a fair amount of research on Airflows and was close at the time with some in the Airflow Club.  That was 17 years ago.  I could own a 1935-1937 Airflow but want nothing to do with the 1934 cars.  If they are popular and expensive go for it.  Not me, they are "unattractive" from any angle.  A significant car for sure and one I would spend a lot of time around at an event, but not own.  

As most of us know, Chrysler "immediately" (think Ford Edsel) knew they had made an error in styling.   The 35's had lovely more upright grilles and frankly in my opinion that was all that was needed.  My issue with the 34's is the Beetle like profile on the front.  (For lack of a better comparison)  

I like the 35's slightly better than my own 1936, but bottom line is Chrysler got it right with the 1937 C10 Airflows.  Long wheelbase, beautiful grille and front end, still streamlined and gorgeous proportions to the body, quiet inside at speed, Art Deco everywhere - get it in maroon or dark blue.    

I'm now a Rail Fan, I own no collector cars and have done my research on the streamliners that became prevalent in the late 1930's for railroad passenger travel.  I find it both ironic and cultural that many companies called their vehicles "Limited" "Century" or made direct comparisons to rail travel, as with the seating in the Airflows.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jake, I find it funny that you want nothing to do with the 34's when for me, it's just the opposite.  The 34's are most interesting and visually appealing with their waterfall grills.  The 35 and on were Chrysler's attempt at looking like all the rest out there to salvage a poorly selling car.  The 34 DeSoto Airflow coupe is the best of them all, in my opinion.  The lines are just perfect.  Adding that upright grille spoiled the flow of the lines.  Just goes to show you that the old expression, "to each his own" still is true.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1937 CHYRSLER AIRFLOW IMPERIAL CAR SHOW READY VERY RARE - $29,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Not Mine -SOLD!