Kevin Kinney passing

kreed

Just found yesterday that Kevin Kinney of Maplewood ,MN. passed away at age 62 on December 19th,2021. He was a great guy and friend to many of us . Previous President of BCA and many other leadership positions and wealth of Riviera knowledge. My condolences and prayers for his family.

KReed

ROA 14549 

That is really devastating news.  Thanks for sharing.  I’m guessing that services etc are are completed by now. Is there a charity or something to which we can donate?  A good friend to anyone who had the pleasure of meeting him.  

Ed

I first met Kevin at the 2015 ROA Meet in St. Charles and was fortunate to be able to reconnect with him at several other events through the years including the BCA Heartland Regional this year. He always had a positive attitude and loved talking Buicks. He would unselfishly share his vast knowledge or lend a hand to anyone that needed it. It is people like him that make the old car hobby such a great thing to be a part of. I was privileged to have known him. He will be missed.

Bill

Kevin was always the gentleman, soft spoken, and was a tremendous source of knowledge always willing to share. I probably first met him back around 1988 or 89. He will be missed but his legacy in the Buick world will live on through ALL those he influenced. One of his favorite lines which I had never heard until I heard him say it at a national meet many years ago " Be careful when arguing with an idiot, bystanders may not be able to tell who is who"   

Good words of wisdom!

He had a lot of nice cars. His triple black bucket seat sunroof 72GS which I drooled over for years ranked as my all time favorite and is to this day.

RIP Kevin and God Bless

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnrex said:

Here is a photo of Kevin's 1972 GS at the 2015 St Charles Meet.

IMG_2717.JPG

I remember Kevin driving it in with a bad muffler, and everyone jokingly yelling to him to get the muffler fixed!  My condolences to his family and to Kris, Paul, and Donna Syrdal...rest in peace Kevin.

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 1