For Sale: 1970 Chrysler Newport Convertible - $15,900 - Ballwin, MO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1970 Chrysler Newport Convertible - $15,900 - Ballwin, MO
1970 Chrysler Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1970 Chrysler Newport Convertible, 54,000 ACTUAL MILES. Stored indoors in a private collection for 40 years
383 four barrel, Automatic, Power Steering, Power Brakes. Rust Free body, Excellent Paint, Excellent Chrome
Convertible Top is Excellent, Interior is in Superb original condition! $15,900 Call or Text

Copy and paste in your email: e0b926eb2d3c35b3aed96b0e8c463461@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1970 Chrysler Newport Convertible.

'70 Chrysler Conv MO a.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO b.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO c.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO d.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO e.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO f.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO g.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO h.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO ha.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO i.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO j.jpg

'70 Chrysler Conv MO k.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, alsancle said:

production numbers on these can't be very high.

AJ:

1970 was the last year for full-size Mopar convertibles.  Chrysler Newport: 1,124; 300: 1,077.   Dodge Polara 500: 842; Plymouth Fury III: 1,952.   Truly the end of an era.

Those black-center wheel covers need to have the paint removed or to be replaced with a standard set.

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 2:38 PM, Fossil said:

I've never owned a convertible. Would there be much wind noise in one of these?

Depends on the condition of the top and window rubber. Not too bad, generally.

No matter how many seats a convertible has, it's basically a two-passenger car with the top down. Ask me how I know.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:09 PM, 58L-Y8 said:

AJ:

1970 was the last year for full-size Mopar convertibles.  Chrysler Newport: 1,124; 300: 1,077.   Dodge Polara 500: 842; Plymouth Fury III: 1,952.   Truly the end of an era.

Those black-center wheel covers need to have the paint removed or to be replaced with a standard set.

Really needs a set of the Mopar rallye wheels whatever they were officially called, 60 series rubber.  

On 1/4/2022 at 2:37 PM, B Jake Moran said:

Really needs a set of the Mopar rallye wheels whatever they were officially called, 60 series rubber.  

Sorry, Jake,

I agree per the Rallye-style factory correct wheels being a plus,

but would prefer to also see period correct rubber rather than 60-series

On 1/2/2022 at 5:38 PM, Fossil said:

I've never owned a convertible. Would there be much wind noise in one of these?

It’s funny, my dad never owned a collectible that wasn’t a convertible. When I bought my first four-door sedan he just about lost his mind. 

The other thing that I just learned in the last few years is that there’s a bunch of guys that consider muscle cars that are convertibles to be “chicks“ cars. Not me, as I always looked for a convertible but I guess you couldn’t drag a convertible.

58 minutes ago, alsancle said:

The other thing that I just learned in the last few years is that there’s a bunch of guys that consider muscle cars that are convertibles to be “chicks“ cars.

I think the point was that a convertible is generally heavier than the equivalent 2 dr sedan or hardtop, so is a less "serious" drag car

• Like 2

One can go fast at any time with enough horsepower on tap.   The convertible is a vehicle (no pun intended) for enjoying those rare opportunities to bask in the warm breezes, sunshine, atmosphere and aura of romance an open car motoring affords.