DeVaux Grille Value Question

ReFind Works

• ReFind Works changed the title to DeVaux Grille Value Question

Worthy computer search skills elude me. However, there have been a couple threads return to the top of the list in recent months. I think at least one of them was under the our restorations and projects heading. One may have been here under the general discussion threads?

De Vaux is an interesting marque. Unusually stylish for their year and target market, and apparently well made. They are moderately rare, and several people that own them are quite devoted to the make!

I have no idea what a shell in this condition would be worth. Probably not a lot of extra shells hanging around. However, for something like this to have any real dollar value, there also has to be a demand for them. (Economics 101)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viv w said:

Rarity doesn't always mean it is highly valuable. It is only of value to someone who really needs it, and then it depends on what you want for it and what a buyer is prepared to pay.

Exactly-

Cow excrement on the subway is rare but doesn’t mean it’s worth anything!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I own two devauxs,I am always looking for parts because of the obscurity of the vehicle,in 31 the shells where chrome and painted,in 32 they where advertised as all chrome,it’s hard to tell because there are few 32 s,but my 32 standard three window coupe had anall chromed shell and it was. Bottom of the line model,if the shell is reasonably priced I would be interested,I don’t need it but who knows what the future holds,you can message me with price and we’ll go from there,   Thank you. Dave

My experience says if you have a rare car and a decent part comes around really think about getting it. I didn’t think I needed a grille until I looked at the front end after I stopped using the back of another car that stopped very quickly for no reason. 
dave s 

47629460-4FDF-478E-9257-F5FC75C7643A.jpeg

• Like 3

Hello everyone,and thanks Tim for the kind words,I would really love to have a spare shell and grille I’m just not going to step up to that price,good luck selling it I think maybe a rat Rodder will end up with it,listen I wish everyone happy and healthy holidays,hug the ones you love,forgive the ones you don’t,Tim tell your dad I said hello,     Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...