What kind of car is this? late 1930s??

WGW

4 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Also notice the white walls!

Double white walls, so probably photographed before the war.

4 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

The advertisment drawing has a suicide front door.  Could that be the artisits mistake? 

No, that's a 1935 thing, for several makes and models with Fisher bodies. Family friends have a 1935 Chevrolet Master sedan, and I can confirm that it has backwards front doors. That detail nails the car in the original post down as a 1936.

4 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

Yep.. `36 Chevy Master

Can you tell for sure that it is a Master and not a Standard? I couldn't think of a way without seeing the chrome (or lack of it) on the headlight bucket.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WGW said:

Thanks everyone for the ID. One more question - Is there a difference between a Chevy Master and Master Deluxe?

No doubt those who know more about Chevys will correct me if I'm wrong.  But AFAIK, 36 Chevy were either Master De Luxe or Standard.  The Master De Luxe had two series - FA with "Knee Action" front suspension and FD without.  Following specs are from 36 brochure:

b_1936%20Chevrolet%20(Rev)-18.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 12:01 AM, f.f.jones said:
  • Might be a 1935 Chevrolet Master Deluxe...

chev 35.jpg

1935 Chevy Master DeLuxe Sedan, this one has the trunk the other model the town car has the spare wheel in back. Masters series models also have the stainless steel headlights as shown. 35 is the only year chevy made them with front and rear suicide doors.

Edited by jacosta619 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1