For Sale: 1951 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, Rare - $19,500 - Wellington, AL - Not Mine - SOLD!!!

For Sale: 1951 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, Rare - $19,500 - Wellington, AL - SOLD!!!

1951 Pontiac Rare - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1951 Pontiac Sedan Delivery - there were only 908 registered in the US. Owned by same person for 38 years. Ground up older restoration. Never Rodded - has Straight Eight Motor and Hydromantic Transmission. Includes abundant literature and spare parts. Was driven to shows from Maryland to Kansas, never trailered always driven.
42,798 miles since restoration in August of 1983.  cylinders: 8 cylinders, odometer: 42798

Copy and paste in your email:  8e27aded50283ab59cb9c447af3550b3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Pontiac Sedan Delivery.

'51 Pontiac Sedan Delivery AL a.jpg

'51 Pontiac Sedan Delivery AL b.jpg

'51 Pontiac Sedan Delivery AL c.jpg

'51 Pontiac Sedan Delivery AL d.jpg

'51 Pontiac Sedan Delivery AL e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD!!! (see edit history)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, supercub said:

Usually delivery vehicles were bare bones vehicles, would have been a manual and single color unless they were company colors.

I would have thought so too, but there is one of these (within a model year or two) parked less than a mile from my house. Straight eight and Hydramatic.

3 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

Nice.

One question though.

What's with the alignment of the rear door, particularly the bottom right????

Paint on the rear door doesn't match the body.  I'm guessing  one or the other got tweaked at some point.

11 hours ago, supercub said:

Usually delivery vehicles were bare bones vehicles, would have been a manual and single color unless they were company colors.

Pontiac may have happily conceded that utilitarian/fleet segment to the Chevrolet sedan delivery.   Although the Standard Catalog 3rd Edition doesn't have production numbers by individual body styles, the total production for sixes versus eights is reported.  In those years, the eights outsold the sixes by 2 to 1.   Since Pontiac promoted their cars as a step up from Chevrolet, these may have been aimed at the florist, funeral and other upscale businesses.

My initial reaction to this post was WOW until I saw the right rear quarter paint doesn't match. Now I'm questioning the  condition of the paint & bodywork all over. That rear swing out door may have never fit right (cracked bodywork underneath it?).  Close examination of the pictures shows some splotchy mismatches like on the left rear quarter above the stone guard and on the passenger side hood front and what happened to the diagonal seam in the RF fender under the right headlight? Look closely at the bottom of the driver's door & front fender- are those rust bubbles? No pics of the right side or engine at all. Also seller says the car was ground up restored in 1983, now it's 38 years later and the exterior might be showing it. Also it says the car was driven 42,798 miles SINCE restoration and the current odometer reading is 42,798 so I would assume that the actual mileage on the vehicle must be higher then but that part's really not clear.  This delivery does look great inside and has nice chrome trim but honestly I think the seller would be asking a lot more that $19,500 for such a rare car in these attractive colors if the vehicle was in pristine (show) condition. Might be time for some serious $$$$$ to be spent here to bring the exterior up to snuff and that's why it's being sold. Maybe I'm too critical. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, Rare - $19,500 - Wellington, AL - Not Mine - SOLD!!!