For Sale: 1947 Lincoln V12 sedan with only 22,920 miles - $7,500 - North Attleboro, MA - Project - Not Mine - It's Baack, 2 Years & 6 months Later, Price Reduced to $5,500: 1-6-2024:

For Sale: 1947 Lincoln V12 sedan with only 22,920 miles - $7,500 - North Attleboro, MA - Project - It's Baack, 2 Years & 6 months Later, Price Reduced to $5,500: 1-6-2024: See New Link Below:

1947 Lincoln V12 only 22,920 miles - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

1947 Lincoln Sedan Model 76H with V12 engine. Manual Transmission with Overdrive. Car is loaded with options. This vehicle has been in dry storage since 1960 and has only 22,920 original miles. Still has original Ford fan belt and period tires. Vehicle does not run but is all there. Interior is dirty from dust and sheet metal is solid without rust. Stainless trim is like new. comes with copy of last MA registration.  $7,500 or BO need gone

Copy and paste in your email:   4de21b262d88303db701a08f4148be56@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1947 Lincoln V12 sedan with only 22,920 miles - Project.

'47 Lincoln V12 MA a.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA b.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA c.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA d.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA e.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA f.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA g.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA h.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA i.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA j.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA k.jpg

'47 Lincoln V12 MA l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
It's Baack, 2 Years & 6 months Later, Price Reduced to $5,500: 1-6-2024: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

Those must have been some "hard" 22,920 miles !!!!!!

These Lincolns got ratty pretty quick, starting the engine would tell the story.  If a mosquito-killing-fog of blue oil smoke didn't envelop the area immediately, it might be low mileage...

21 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Is that passenger side showing reflections or did they push it through a hedgerow to get it in the garage? Weren't the power windows on these a vacuum system?

How much for a V12 flathead rebuild? $10-12K?

The paint on the right side looks like it's badly scratched. Cars back then used hydraulically-operated power windows filled with brake fluid. 

• 8 months later...
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1947 Lincoln V12 sedan with only 22,920 miles - $7,500 - North Attleboro, MA - Project - Not Mine - It's Baack, 2 Years & 6 months Later, Price Reduced to $5,500: 1-6-2024:

It's Baack, 2 Years & 6 months Later, Price Reduced to $5,500: 1-6-2024:

1947 LINCOLN ZEPHYR for sale by owner - Worcester, MA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1947 Lincoln Zephyr 4 door sedan, 12-cylinder. Black with tan cloth interior. All original survivor car.  NO RUST ON BODY! Floors, quarters, door bottoms, Like NEW! Need fuel system refreshed (gas tank junk) also engine is stuck (I just started pouring mystery oil in it). All original everything tires, brakes, engine, Everything. Just had keys made. Original mass inspection sticker on windshield from last time it was driven.  Also, I have the last original mass. registration from 1965 that will help with in getting a title. Located in Worcester mass.  It's been kept in a barn in Somerville, Ma. inside and not driven or started from 1965. Scratches on right side, (Story goes - During the buzzard of 1978, while trying to plow the snow they scraped it with the plow while going in and out of the barn).
This is a must see to believe car!!  Don't bother Texting or Emailing. Calls only!! odometer: 76000
Contact: Call me with any questions at (774) 7-0-one-0-2-eighteen

Same photos as above

Shine running cars live a hard life. 

It's still hard for me to think of a car of this stature having 3 on the tree. Just seems they deserved something better. 

10 hours ago, Fossil said:

It's still hard for me to think of a car of this stature having 3 on the tree. Just seems they deserved something better. 

Three on the tree WAS something better!

The old transmission control was three on the floor. That took up valuable real estate in the front in an era when it was common to sit three across up front.  
Column shift had only begun at Ford in 1940, deduct the war years and it was only 4-5 model years old. Still seen as modern and up to date. 

Then, what else could it have been.  GM had Hydramatic but they weren’t sharing it yet. Buick barely had Dynaflow and Packard barely had Ultramatic at this time (46-48)

Ford wouldn’t have any automatic until 1951.  Lincoln got the Hydramatic into their all new 1949 models.  

As you learn about cars remember that ALL the 1946-1948 cars were a struggle to just convert the factories back to civilian production and keep going through a blizzard of strikes and materiel shortages.  The first postwar cars were just an effort to make something-anything and the public didn’t care they just wanted a NEW CAR.  

• Like 5

On 8/9/2021 at 2:08 PM, m-mman said:

To me, that damage screams Grandpa backing in and out of a small prewar garage. 

Which makes the low mileage believable. 

My mother's old LTD was quite wrinkly on the passenger side for just that reason.  

• Like 1